Today I Received...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Silvester
Gold Card

Re: Today I Received...

Post by Silvester »

Dave wrote:Is it integrated with QDOS?
No not yet, because EXTINT isn't always quick enough to respond. The links allowed level 5 interrupt use (with QL H/W and S/W fix), but that's a bit of a hack for myself. Which is why I was looking out for some reasonably priced SC28L92. It had mostly been used for MIDI data dumps (hence two crystals) and sound chip.
Dave wrote:It is a thing of beauty, Sir!
Thank you, I was quite pleased to cram it all on my last precious piece of tripad stripboard (now unobtainium).

Edit: Tripad link now obsoleted :?
Last edited by Silvester on Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

David
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

An Asus W202 eMMC mini-laptop.

Now before you all laugh, as this is not exactly the most highly specified Windows 10 PC ever (64GB eMMC with just 20GB free after Windoze 10, 4GB RAM, 2xUSB3, SD card slot, 12 inch screen, s-l-o-w processor, HDMI, Kensington Lock, wifi, bluetooth), I bought it just to use mainly as a lightweight portable QPC2 system on my travels. It's lighter than my main laptop and cost less, so it's very portable and less consequence if it gets stolen at some of the craft fairs I go to. It only cost £125 on offer from Amazon. Came with 3 year warranty.

It has an SD card slot, a 32GB SD card I had lying around here will hold all my QL stuff. It has adequate internet access and can do word processing etc on the Windows side (it'll spend 90% of its time as a "portable QL" though - it runs QPC2 very well). Not got round to trying other emulators yet.
Asus W202
Asus W202

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I think, your GIF runs the wrong way...?

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RalfR wrote:I think, your GIF runs the wrong way...?
???

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

I think that Ralf means, your "man with an axe trashing a PC" gif, used in your avatar, is running in reverse. It looks that way to me too, but then is seems to switch to running the correct way! Weird. Optical Illusion?

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:I think that Ralf means, your "man with an axe trashing a PC" gif, used in your avatar, is running in reverse. It looks that way to me too, but then is seems to switch to running the correct way! Weird. Optical Illusion?

Cheers,
Norm.
Ah, I see. Ah well, I've always been a bit backward, so it's kind of appropriate :lol:

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

:D :D :D

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:I think that Ralf means, your "man with an axe trashing a PC" gif, used in your avatar, is running in reverse. It looks that way to me too, but then is seems to switch to running the correct way! Weird. Optical Illusion?

Cheers,
Norm.
After writing AnimGIF and tinkering with all those animated GIFs which drove my poor brain insane, perhaps I can be forgiven for not noticing? :lol:

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote:An Asus W202 eMMC mini-laptop.

Now before you all laugh, as this is not exactly the most highly specified Windows 10 PC ever (64GB eMMC with just 20GB free after Windoze 10, 4GB RAM, 2xUSB3, SD card slot, 12 inch screen, s-l-o-w processor, HDMI, Kensington Lock, wifi, bluetooth), I bought it just to use mainly as a lightweight portable QPC2 system on my travels. It's lighter than my main laptop and cost less, so it's very portable and less consequence if it gets stolen at some of the craft fairs I go to. It only cost £125 on offer from Amazon. Came with 3 year warranty.

It has an SD card slot, a 32GB SD card I had lying around here will hold all my QL stuff. It has adequate internet access and can do word processing etc on the Windows side (it'll spend 90% of its time as a "portable QL" though - it runs QPC2 very well). Not got round to trying other emulators yet.
w202.jpg
Ideal for running Linux and sQLux :-D

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

dilwyn wrote:

Cheers,
Norm.
Ah, I see. Ah well, I've always been a bit backward, so it's kind of appropriate :lol:
I've been staring at it for a while now and can't see it. It looks forward to me so it may be one of those optical illusions that some folks can't see.