Small world...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Small world...

Post by Dave »

As many of you know, I live in Round Rock. Which is where the Austin Bomber blew himself up.

We were woken by the sound and feel of the blast - which occurred around the corner from us on Old Settler's Blvd in the early pre-dawn hours. I life directly off Sunrise one block below Old Settlers. It was a big enough blast that it wasn't just heard, but felt.

Everyone here is ok. We weren't terrified. Austin was not in a panic*. It was just something going on, blown out of all proportion by the media. I guess growing up in England, it didn't create the sort of panic in me that it did in the media and 'some' of the locals.

I'm glad it's over. I do wish though that the young man had found a way to use his words, instead of killing people.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Small world...

Post by NormanDunbar »

Glad you're ok Dave.

I often find that the Uk media's frenzies are pretty tame compared with 'normal' stuff on US news programs. And I don't include Faux News as one of the latter!

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Small world...

Post by Dave »

The area I live in is mostly military veterans and people from other countries who have experienced terrorism up close and personal. With me it was the IRA bombings. Not reacting is about the most powerful way to defeat them. Sweep up the broken glass, fix the things, miss the people, and give the terrorists no mind.