Catching up / setback...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Catching up / setback...

Post by Dave »

Hi all...

What a year so far. I had to disappear for a while due to complications of pneumonia and heart issues, and then got pneumonia again! The medical bills are almost paid off, but it means I have been away and put back into the poor house again! :)

On the bright side, The SAFT battery replacement PCBs for Gold Cards have arrived and they're perfect. On the downside, the bulk pack of sockets I ordered do not match the specs listed so I have RMA'd them. They were 0.7mm too tall and the SMD pads were not as specified on the drawing.

The ATX power controller design is well tested now, and samples have been sent to two people here in the US to use in real-world situations - as much to test the instructions and packaging as the controller itself. Mercifully, the controller will be cheaper than I originally thought as I got a great deal on one of the more pricey components.

I haven't done anything yet with the mplanes - I have some of the components in, but the rest will take a little longer.

One setback is that my webserver motherboard up and died two weeks ago. I haven't got the clarity yet to look into it, so I am webless for the near future - it's not a priority for me.

I hope everyone else is doing better and that summer has found you all in great health and with sharp minds!

Dave

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Catching up / setback...

Post by vanpeebles »

Hope you getting on the mend and back on your feet! My QL work has dropped off a bit with the good weather we have had lately. After such a fierce winter I've promised myself to make the most of sunny days. 8-)