Newbie noobopp

Introduce yourself here!
jabbathut
ROM Dongle

Newbie noobopp

Post by jabbathut »

Hi all. second attempt at posting, lost original :shock: (Kinda been a while since i was on a forum.) Wanted to say hello and thanks for letting me pop in, I bought a box of "computer equipment" at an auction on saturday and to my suprise it had two QL's and about 20 odd software titles in it. YAY!

No power pack was included so they could both be duff, I ordered a pack from eBay so here is hoping...

My last dilly dally with Sir Clives gear was the ZX spectrum all those years ago in my ealy teens. I have very fond memories of Mr Jet Set Willy in Manic Miner and Chucky egg. Oh how the memories linger!

I remember my Dad going to a Computer Show at Earls court and buying a small module he had to solder to my board in order for us to have sound come out of the TV speakers, Yes you heard me right peeps!! lol

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Newbie noobopp

Post by vanpeebles »

Sounds like a good buy! Welcome :P

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Ah - you must be Paul then - welcome to the forums !!

Fingers crossed the QL still works - you may want to have a look at the missing Sinclair QL titles in the Software forum in case any were amongst the lot you picked up - see

http://www.qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42

You may also be interested in reading some more about the QL on the QL Wiki - www.rwapadventures.com/ql_wiki and who knows, even joining the user group, Quanta!

We are all here to help if you need anything, just give us a shout

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Welcome to the wonderful world of the QL Paul!

Btw, if the QL powers up but the keys do not work (classic QL problem with older machines), Rich (Mr RWAP) who posted above me can supply new keyboard membranes - so don't be discouraged. The QL is a lovely machine to play around with, if you like dabbling in programming for example. So it's well worth getting one up and running.

Sadly, no Jet Set Willy, though some of the Cuthbert games from Microdeal were kind of similar I think.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

As far as I know - there was only Cuthbert in Space released by Microdeal - does anyone know of any others?

But see QL Bounder - http://www.rwapadventures.com/ql_wiki/i ... %20Bounder

and

E.V.A. - http://www.rwapadventures.com/ql_wiki/i ... itle=E.V.A

jabbathut
ROM Dongle

Post by jabbathut »

Thanks for the welcome guys, I will check the list and see what i have.

I bought the Power pack from some right dodgy guy on eBay.... Rwap,twas you me thinks!??! ha. excellent service I may say.
Thank you. Both QL's power up nicely but sadly as mentioned I will be in need of keyboard membranes. Neither respond at the F1 F2 for TV welcome screen... :?

So, my excitment is put on hold once more! sigh... lol

Monsoiur Jibba Jabba