Hello from Upstate New York

Introduce yourself here!
mystikshadows
ROM Dongle

Hello from Upstate New York

Post by mystikshadows »

the only place on earth where you look outside it snowing, you look outside again it's sunny, 5 minutes later it's raining. But it's our weather that's bipolar, not the people LOL.

I had a ZX81 computer when I was a teen, I'm afraid it was the only contact I had with any members of the Sinclair family of computers. I was lucky enough to get myself a 16K RAM expander with that I could do wonders on the ZX81. :)

I saw a video about a month ago that re-sparkled an old flame. So I look and found out, a month ago, that I found out there was such a thing as the QL. Quite a capable machine and a basic that takes advantage of it like SuperBASIC does. I wish I'd have known about it much longer than this last month. I decided to go with what I had around, commodore computers way back when. because no spectrum ever made it to where I was, lost in northern ontario back then.

Anyway, I saw the QL forum, I joined the forum, I asked my question and was given the best answer ever so I noticed it was still active. :) I'm a long time programmer, before programming was cool :) way back in 1975, I was 7 back then when at the library, this book caught my eye, and I noticed I could so easily understand what was written, it became clear I had to be a programmer. :)

MystikShadows

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from Upstate New York

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Welcome Mystik - good to have you aboard!

aisling42
ROM Dongle

Post by aisling42 »

Welcome to QL Forum MystikShadows from another newbie.

Weather here yesterday in the Deep South (US): sun trying to come out during the precipitation. Precipitation on the Ides of April was ... rum droll ... snow. (Snow ... sun ... rain ... all three ...).

"Don't like your weather? Wait an hour."

Doug L. 37830

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

You have clearly never lived in the UK if you think that's bizarre weather... :D

Welcome to the QL scene. It's a great little computer, and was a real revelation back when it was released (mostly for good reasons, heh! ).

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome MystikShadows!

:D :D :D

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
mystikshadows
ROM Dongle

Post by mystikshadows »

Sparrowhawk wrote:You have clearly never lived in the UK if you think that's bizarre weather... :D

Welcome to the QL scene. It's a great little computer, and was a real revelation back when it was released (mostly for good reasons, heh! ).
Nope and my friend I have from there don't tell me about it either LOL apparently. lol

Yup I would have loved it i know that much. I may by one from RWAP or something just for old time sakes but I love the emulators :)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I'm from Texas. Sometimes, I look outside and it's sunny, then I look outside again and it's still sunny!

Sometimes, our weather doesn't change for MONTHS!

mystikshadows
ROM Dongle

Post by mystikshadows »

in texas huh? note to self. Move in texas asap. LOL