Hello from across one pond, US

Introduce yourself here!
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from across one pond, US

Post by vanpeebles »

aisling42 wrote:pardon the expression QLers, a Raspberry (pbbbbbttt).
:lol: Hehehe, I like it! I'll have to check Towers of Hanoi out some time. I love QL Chess but I always get thrashed even at the bottom level. I think I managed a draw once.

aisling42
ROM Dongle

Post by aisling42 »

vanpeebles wrote:
aisling42 wrote:pardon the expression QLers, a Raspberry (pbbbbbttt).
:lol: Hehehe, I like it! I'll have to check Towers of Hanoi out some time. I love QL Chess but I always get thrashed even at the bottom level. I think I managed a draw once.
Back twenty or so years ago I got QL/Psion Chess to play a friend's fairly good confuser a game. That "little" program played a game I thought was utterly amazing for a 67K chess program. I meant for ages to submit an article to that effect to one of the QL pubs. However, I couldn't find the score.

Just recently I stumbled across the diskette that had most of the score ... and had the misfortune to google "Psion Chess". I was disillusioned. Of _course_ Psion/QL Chess, even on the level of only a minute or two per move, was amazing: in 1985 it was WORLD Champion for micoconfusers! Duh! (Its genius was/is known for creating several world class chess engines).

It's very good for quick games that exercise the brain.

Doug

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

aisling42 wrote: It's very good for quick games that exercise the brain
In the past, I mainly exercised my frustration tolerance..... ;)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO