Hello from ANOTHER brazilian :o)

Introduce yourself here!
TabajaraLabs
ROM Dongle

Hello from ANOTHER brazilian :o)

Post by TabajaraLabs »

Howdy all! :)
My name is Alexandre, and I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

I have a barebones QL and made some expansions with tips from this forum and other places on net

Now my QL has:
- Minerva chip
- TKII
- 512K memory Expansion
- QubIDE (still building it)
- mICE cartridge
- PS/2 mouse adapter

And I'm trying to reverse engineer the QDisk controller (just because this is the only floppy interface I have access)

if it isn't against the rules of the forum, I'd like to remember the Brazilian users of the forum that we have our list on googlegroups and facebook page as Sinclair QL Brasil. Up to now, we have about 10 QL users registered, what makes the QL a very rare computer in Brazil

Greetings!
Alexandre

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from ANOTHER brazilian :o)

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and welcome! :) Please tell the other users about our forum if they are not already registered. What is ICE like to use? And will you be making any QubIDE to sell? :)

TabajaraLabs
ROM Dongle

Post by TabajaraLabs »

vanpeebles wrote:Hello and welcome! :) Please tell the other users about our forum if they are not already registered. What is ICE like to use? And will you be making any QubIDE to sell? :)
Hi there Vanpeebles! The QLForum is incluided in our list of links.

I have not used much ICE, because - how funny - I have nothing to do with that. There is a big problem on QL scene, that you can use nothing if you don't have a floppy. Me and Lisias Toledo are trying to understand the QL internals and the QubIDE CF formatting so we can create something on PC to read/write QL programs on the CF.

I'll not sell the QubIDE. At least it isn't in my priority list. I'll try to make them to all our brazilian fellas, and maybe next I can do something about that. The QubIDE isn't my design, so I don't think it is fair to make and sell.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I think it might be nice to add French, Italian, Portuguese, German sub-forums for our international friends.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Hehe I dunno if the forum is big enough yet, and everyone can speak English better than I can :lol:

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

TabajaraLabs wrote: I have not used much ICE, because - how funny - I have nothing to do with that. There is a big problem on QL scene, that you can use nothing if you don't have a floppy. Me and Lisias Toledo are trying to understand the QL internals and the QubIDE CF formatting so we can create something on PC to read/write QL programs on the CF.
Hello and welcome! Good luck with this software project, we really need such a program.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I am slowly collecting parts to assemble 50 floppy interfaces. It will take a few more months to get there, but the majority of difficult parts are in stock, including some NOS WD1772s.

TabajaraLabs
ROM Dongle

Post by TabajaraLabs »

Dave wrote:I am slowly collecting parts to assemble 50 floppy interfaces. It will take a few more months to get there, but the majority of difficult parts are in stock, including some NOS WD1772s.
And I'm reverse-engineering the QDisk floppy interface, because it is the only one I have access (that's not mine) and I'm crazy to see a floppy interface working on my QL. Maybe I'll include it in the qubide board

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board Alexandre!

:D :D :D

I wish you good luck with your projects :P

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)