Hello!

Introduce yourself here!
Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Hello!

Post by Simon_Carr »

Hello from Oxfordshire...

I'm just dipping for the first time into the world of the QL, having just bought one from Rich at RWAP (excited to be collecting it from work tomorrow!). I've got a pile of Spectrums, and have got right into the retro computer thing, loving the simplicity and elegance of what could be done within such restricted hardware and memory limitations.

Anyway, Im not quite sure what I am going to do with my new QL (I always wanted one when I was a kid, but I don't think I've even seen one before!), but I am really looking forwards to owning Sir Clive's ultimate computer after nearly 30 years of waiting!

Cheers,

Simon

PS, be prepared for a few dumb questions as I find my feet!

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Hello!

Post by tofro »

Welcome!

And there's no such thing as a dumb question.
Just shoot.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome and hello! Always great to see new QL users. As Tofro said any questions please ask :D

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome Simon!

Ask all the dumb questions you like (I wont be able to answer most of them, but we can all learn from each other and the experts here are happy to help :P ).

It is interesting how different the various retro communities are. Even though the QL is nearly as old as the Spectrum (1982 vs. 1984).

:D :D :D

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)