Hi from Ireland

Introduce yourself here!
lostcarpark
ROM Dongle

Hi from Ireland

Post by lostcarpark »

Hi everyone,

I've actually been a member of the forum for several years, so I may have introduced myself before, but I haven't logged in for a very long time.

I've been a QL fan since the 1980s, but fell out of it in favour of PCs when I went to collage. Unfortunately, I lent my QL to a friend who I've lost contact with (I heard he spent some time in prison, so I don't hold much hope of getting it back).

I picked up an empty QL case a couple of years back, and have built a USB keyboard adapter that I'll post about separately.

I have been tinkering with QL emulators over the years, but I'm hoping to pick up a Q68 in the near future (and would really like to turn my USB adapter into a PS/2 adapter so I have a QL keyboard driving a Q68).

kmmann
ROM Dongle

Re: Hi from Ireland

Post by kmmann »

Welcome back.

Before making any decision you might want to read the 'Target for major new QL hardware' thread. This is a proposed new board to fit into an empty ql case.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello! :D

lostcarpark
ROM Dongle

Post by lostcarpark »

kmmann wrote:Before making any decision you might want to read the 'Target for major new QL hardware' thread. This is a proposed new board to fit into an empty ql case.
Yes, I've been reading up on it. It looks very interesting.

This project has been for my own entertainment and learning. I'll keep tinkering with it, even if I end up using another solution.