hello from belgium

Introduce yourself here!
techy
Gold Card

hello from belgium

Post by techy »

Whilst cleaning out the attick ......................

i found a box i remembered so well ( hmm , i packed it about 20 or so years ago ) .

And i could not resist it , plugged in the unit , and it jumped into life .

some evenings searching the net revealed that there is still a quite active ql community .

including a forum for the questions who might arise .

so now i have ;

a basic ql issue 7 ,

Schön keyboard ( not installed yet , needs hermes to work properly )

minerva v 1.98 with adapter board

qimi without clock battery backup ( that needs to be sorted out , battery needs to be added) .

qjump tony tebby toolkit v 2.20 external rom

miracle centronics printer interface ver. 2

512 kb miracle memory expansion

cst qdisk interface firmware v 1.19

dual 3,5 "floppy unit ( diy project in an hp opto-drive housing with build in power supply )

now the real problems begin .....................

So , you will see me around on the forum regularily , and i hope you will support me :D

techy
Last edited by techy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: hello from belgium

Post by vanpeebles »

A warm welcome! Sounds like a nice setup all ready. What are you planning to do on it? 8-)

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

What am i planning to do ,...........................

To start with i need to get my hands on the way to use floppys instead of cartridges :(

Then i want simply to get the 4 psions packages to work from floppy .

Then some games ( as we did in those days ) .

Then , but maybe earlier in the sequence i need to get the ql to use a vga monitor as a display .

So , nothing serious to be honest.

It is supposed to go in the row with the zx81 and the spectrum 48k .

all info to get those goals is welcome :D

techy

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums - always good to see the old QLs being resurrected....

We are all here to help.

As for using floppy disks instead of microdrives, you can look for the disk based versions of the Psion QL software on the Sinclair QL Homepage -http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/psions/index.html

You can also use a simple method of

Code: Select all

FLP_USE mdv  
After that, DIR mdv1_ will produce a directory listing of the first floppy disk drive (flp1_)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I noticed on your interests are you into cars as well? :)

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

yes there are several points of interest.

ql being one of them.

currently we have almost finished restoring an subaru svx '92 , and there is an mg metro turbo '85 waiting as well to get restored.

the subaru has very sophisticated electronics for its age ,whilst the metro is one of the first cars with an ecu unit made by lucas .

techy
Last edited by techy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

The SVX is a very impressive looking car from that golden age of 90s Japanese cars. I have a mini and an MGB myself. A lot of metro turbos have been scrapped to put the engines into minis :(

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

ERA mini TURBO :D

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I love the interior on those but so expensive :( Is your Metro left hand drive?

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

No ,

It is a genuine Uk version , so right hand drive .

i imported the vehicle into holland in '92 .

It has already been restored to road use in the same year , and we used it for daily and track use .

Vented discs , 4 pot calipers , negative camber , open(-er) exhaust system , red adjustable koni's etc,etc.

next step will be to get it roadworthy again ( dry warm storage for almost 20 years , regular engine starts until the cooling system gave way a couple of years ago ) .

And then intercooling , and boost up level to get 120 bhp .

techy
Last edited by techy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.