Hi from Portugal!

Introduce yourself here!
nitrofurano
Chuggy Microdrive

Hi from Portugal!

Post by nitrofurano »

i created an account here almost 10 years ago and i forgot saying hi to everyone here!
i'm a retro enthusiast that love trying to develop something and make experiences - https://notabug.org/nitrofurano (almost totally mirrored at gitlab and bitbucket), had a zx-spectrum, msx1 and amiga, but not yet a 68k- based sinclair hardware like QL, so i hope making something to it soon (perhaps submitting some stuff to csscgc, who knows?)

as i enjoy knowing more about all hardware made in the computing history, mame/mess has been my very favourite emulator as development tool for its versatility, simplicity and performance, even knowing it lacks features and accuracy sometimes (understood that supporting thousands of different hardware isn't easy) - and the best of mame/mess: it's all software-libre (which is excellent when we are software-libre enthusiasts as well)

i'm also, for now, only interested on unexpanded QL emulation and machines (even without toolkit2 and etc) - i might get curious about expanded QL later, but for me now they look like msx machines with v9990+"moonsound", or those late russian zx-spectrum clones with dual ym2203 and ega display, and stuff like that, they take some time, and i prefer getting into the starting point first (i hope i'm not hurting anyones feelings here by saying this...) - i'm only curious about how QL machines were released pristine back in 1984, and find out what can be done on them

cheers!

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Hi from Portugal!

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Hello!

Using a QL without TK2?!!! Rather you than me :D

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Sparrowhawk wrote:Using a QL without TK2?!!! Rather you than me :D
Yeah, that's a form of masochism I don't get ;) Did it for 5 minutes to quickly test something today, just awful.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

There's no need for rename when copy-to-temp-delete-orig-copy-temp-to-new-delete-temp will do. I actually use a subset of tk2 on my Kempston disk interface, which leaves my ROM slot open for ICE.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome! :D