Hello From Leyland, Lancashire

Introduce yourself here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Hello From Leyland, Lancashire

Post by Dave »

Hi David.

I did business with you on more than one occasion. A++++++ would have bought again :)

Good to have you with us :)

Dave

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

David Batty wrote:Hi Mr Navigator, it might be because you bought something from Sector Software at Leyland, Lancashire?

Touch Typist, Taskmaster, Spellbound, WriteTurn, Flashback, Ferrett or a multitude of other titles.

I also sold hardware, had keyboard membranes produced, sold modems, monitors, microdrive cartridges etc.

I always had a stall at the ZX Microfairs.
That would be it then. A regular at Microfairs where not only bargains and goodies not quite big enough for advertising could be got, but also talking to like minded people there and on the tube afterwards. Microfairs were also exciting places to see 'famous' people like Tony Tebby (well famous for the William Nomates of this world). You are not related to Nora then? [drum hit and cymbal crash]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Mr_Navigator wrote:You are not related to Nora then? [drum hit and cymbal crash]
He might be but won't want to admit it! *Swoosh yard brush at Mr Navigator*

David Batty
ROM Dongle

Post by David Batty »

Hi All, its been a four years since I last saw the forum, life has been hectic with work travelling the country with my work (delivering programming training) but am am back in the office now.

An interesting chat about the QL fpga in the Spectrum Next group reminded me that this forum existed.

I will try and catch up on the QL over the coming months.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Welcome back to the forums David - it has been too long...

We keep getting asked about the copyright status of the Sector Software titles - could they now be released as freeware?

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Well there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Hello David! How's things?

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

David Batty, there's a name from my dim and distant past. I'm sure I bought software from Sector way way back.

Welcome back to the fold, or dark side - you choose! ;)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
David Batty
ROM Dongle

Post by David Batty »

Hi Richard, Dave and Norman. Seeing the forum inspired me to think about digging out a Ql monitor sometime to check my stock of QLs to see if they need new membranes or not.

Norman: I did have between 10 and 20 thousand customers so its quite likely. I know I have a copy of at least the first 10,000 invoices I issued, I printed them on a dot matrix printer on to duplicate paper, the customer got the top copy, I filed the duplicate, and I still have them all. I had software (written in SuperBasic) that handled the invoices and I made it write to disk so I had instant access to past sales the moment someone rang up. When I do get a ql set up I could tell you if you ever ordered from me. I prefer not to look through the 10,000 printed copies though :)

I have made some QL sales in more recent years, one was someone ringing up after reading one of my adverts in QL World (that was from a long time ago) but I did have what he wanted so that was good.

I have a lot of QL stuff around such as lots of ZX8301 ULA's, brand new shrink wrapped manuals etc. I might get around to putting them online for sale sometime.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hi David,

please don't waste any time "looking me up" in your 10,000 invoice collection. It's really not worth your while wasting time. It would be easier for me to find and look through my pile of original floppies! ;)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Hi David, nice to see you on here again, good luck sorting out your QL stuff but please don't start streaming your accordian music here... ;-)

If while sorting out your QL stuff you happen across a disk with a manual for Page Designer 2 I can release it as freeware. My disks with the DOC files on are all corrupt, and my OCR program is not up to handling the small print in yellow cover manuals you released for it all those years ago! I have the binaries and sources on floppy disk here if a copy of the manual on disk can be found!