A newcomer from Barcelona

Introduce yourself here!
JupiterJones
ROM Dongle

Re: A newcomer from Barcelona

Post by JupiterJones »

Chr$ wrote:I did sell pre-cut felt pieces on ebay pretty cheaply, but after a couple of thousand I decided to take a break as it's fiddly to do. But if you want some felt pieces that seem quite reliable so-far for re-felting, let me know.
Hi Chr$,

Thanks for the offering! But I wrote the phrase worngly... My bad! My apologies.
I've got some felt stripes from an american sound tape store which is pretty good quality. The process to refelt is labourious, but perfectly doable. My main problem is that even after refelting, my microdrives seem not to work.
So I think I have some problems with the two drives, but I'll open a thread in the proper forum.

Again, thank you very much!

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: A newcomer from Barcelona

Post by Chr$ »

JupiterJones wrote:
Chr$ wrote:I did sell pre-cut felt pieces on ebay pretty cheaply, but after a couple of thousand I decided to take a break as it's fiddly to do. But if you want some felt pieces that seem quite reliable so-far for re-felting, let me know.
Hi Chr$,

Thanks for the offering! But I wrote the phrase worngly... My bad! My apologies.
I've got some felt stripes from an american sound tape store which is pretty good quality. The process to refelt is labourious, but perfectly doable. My main problem is that even after refelting, my microdrives seem not to work.
So I think I have some problems with the two drives, but I'll open a thread in the proper forum.

No problem, could be at least in part due to data corruption on the cartridges too. It all takes way too much time ;)

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
JupiterJones
ROM Dongle

Re: RE: Re: A newcomer from Barcelona

Post by JupiterJones »

Chr$ wrote:
JupiterJones wrote:
Hi Chr$,

No problem, could be at least in part due to data corruption on the cartridges too. It all takes way too much time ;)
Yes, I guessed so about data corruption... But when trying to format them I came upon microdrive stopped working...

Enviat des del meu Mi 9T usant Tapatalk