Hello from Barcelona

Introduce yourself here!
napsternds
Chuggy Microdrive

Hello from Barcelona

Post by napsternds »

Hello,

Being a former ZX Spectrum and Amiga user back in the 80s, I have recently discovered retro-computing as a hobby. When I was a kid, I saw QL adverts in the mags and wondered how much better would that machine be compared to the good old "rubber" speccy (at that time, thinking that I could own or event put my hands on one was meer fantasy).

Some months ago I found a couple of BBQL units in a Spanish online sales app, and I was also lucky enough to find a Trump Card and some QL books on eBay. Recently, the pandemic "stay at home" situation has given me the chance to research and tinker a little bit. Now I have my QL in full working condition, including new membrane, Minerva ROM, 768k Trump Card, one disk drive and one GOTEK FDD emulator. Must say that Dilwyn's page has been a great contributor to my baby steps.

I have also registerd QemuLator for both Win and Mac, and have managed to download, transfer and run some nice pieces of software using "the real thing".

Already learned a number of things about QL world from this foum, and just thought now is just a good time to register.

Cheers
Fede

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from Barcelona

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome to the forum! Hello! :D

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello from Barcelona

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hello and welcome. You will have fun here in the mad house! :D

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.