Hello from Qview Stu

Introduce yourself here!
QViewStu
ROM Dongle

Re: Hello from Qview Stu

Post by QViewStu »

Well finally found a reasonable D05 - no idea if working yet as seller said they hadn't been able to test. My MINERVA ROM is excited to have a new host...

One third of the original QView Minerva crew.
QViewStu
ROM Dongle

Post by QViewStu »

Hi @Dave - sorry haven't been back for a while. Small world indeed what are the odds....sure let's do lunch sometime. I'm two weeks past my second dose of Bill Gates' microchip DNA resequencer and so far do not appear to have grown any new limbs or acquired any new super powers which is a little disappointing. I was hoping that yard work in 100F+ would no longer be a killer. Oh wel....

QViewStu
ROM Dongle

Post by QViewStu »

Well I finally found time to explore my replacement QL and power on test went fine. Updated to the Minerva ROM (Chri$ very kindly sent me one of his hybrids so I could keep my old school prototype on display)...

Now don't laugh at an old guy whose QL card lapsed for over 25 years but I spent ten minutes looking for the delete key....

Onwards and upwards....

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi Stu!

For what it's worth, my first stabs at the normal QL keyboard after using a PC keyboard connected to another QL equipped with your lovely SuperHermes IPC replacement invariably result in typos and struggling to find Backspace et-al !!!

So, no, I'm not laughing (well, maybe a little, but only because you and the rest of the QView team remain firmly seated in my 'guru' category!)