LRUN mdv1_hails_bas

Introduce yourself here!
TMD2003
Trump Card

LRUN mdv1_hails_bas

Post by TMD2003 »

Morning all - afternoon, evening, whatever time it might be where you are. Maybe it's the middle of the night.

I am Dr. Jim, I have spent the last 18 years of my life in Nottingham, but will soon be heading further southeast to the flatlands of rural Cambridgeshire - for both life and business reasons, hence why I didn't title this post "Hello from...", because it will soon be false.

I had known of the existence of the QL since my dad told me about it circa 1984, when all I had to amuse me (aged 4/5) was a ZX81. I was, I would estimate, in my 20s before I knew what a QL looked like, and I was 40 before I investigated emulation of the QL for the first time - or at least, the first time intending to do anything - in April, during the dark days of house arrest.

I do not own a real QL, nor is it likely that I ever will, as they're getting expensive and without a vDrive it's unlikely I'd be able to do anything with it. However, I do have my reasons for being here, and I'll run through them outside this standard "hello, this is me, I'm here" thread.

Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: LRUN mdv1_hails_bas

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hello and welcome.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome! :D

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome Dr. Jim!

:D :D :D

So already on WoS forums, joined Spectrum Computing earlier in the year, and now you have joined Sinclair ZX World and The QL Forum!

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
TMD2003
Trump Card

Post by TMD2003 »

1024MAK wrote:So already on WoS forums, joined Spectrum Computing earlier in the year, and now you have joined Sinclair ZX World and The QL Forum!
You'll find out why I did it eventually. You'll all find out!

Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!