Hello from NE England

Introduce yourself here!
MHedley
ROM Dongle

Hello from NE England

Post by MHedley »

I have been a professional programmer from as far back as 1983 and own numerous retro computers but never had a QL - until now.
After a matter of mintues I realised I needed an alternative to microdrives and managed to get a Silicon Express insider disk interface with dual floppy drives and now I am happy. I have quickly grown to really like the QL a lot. I would be a whole lot happier if I could manage to find a copy of Hisoft's Devpac for the QL - something I used extensively on Atari ST and Amiga.
Anyway hello to everyone - it's nice to now be a part of the QL community.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from NE England

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and welcome aboard! :D

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Yes, welcome to the forums - it is good to see a growing number of users making good use of the QL.

I can't help with Devpac I am afraid (well not at the moment) - there are more modern assemblers available for the QL, which are in the public domain - GWASS (for 68020 based QLs) and GWASL for the standard QL - see

http://www.jms1.supanet.com/SQLUG/gwilt/gwilt.htm

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

MHedley wrote:I have been a professional programmer from as far back as 1983 and own numerous retro computers but never had a QL - until now.
After a matter of mintues I realised I needed an alternative to microdrives and managed to get a Silicon Express insider disk interface with dual floppy drives and now I am happy. I have quickly grown to really like the QL a lot. I would be a whole lot happier if I could manage to find a copy of Hisoft's Devpac for the QL - something I used extensively on Atari ST and Amiga.
Anyway hello to everyone - it's nice to now be a part of the QL community.
Welcome to the QL. Glad to see several new names on here recently - QL Forum seems to be getting more and more successful at attracting new QL users.
Don't hesitate to ask questions, we're a helpful bunch here.
There's also the ql-users email mailing list, user group Quanta, QL Today magazine and of course QL traders like Jochen Merz, Quo Vadis Design and RWAP Services where you can buy QL hardware and software, not to mention auction sites like SellMyRetro.com and eBay. A lot of very useful QL info can be had on Rich Mellor's QL Wiki too.

Dilwyn