Hello from London!

Introduce yourself here!
gbejniet
ROM Dongle

Hello from London!

Post by gbejniet »

(And thanks admins for activating my account!)

Not a lot to say about me really except that I don't (yet) own a QL... I was all of 11 years old in 1984 and wide-eyed and slightly obsessed when it first came out. There was, of course, no earthly way I was going to get my hands on one except on demo in a shop.

So I am looking forward to getting my hands on one at some point this year if the price is right; meanwhile, I'm just going to have a play with emulators and see what I can do and learn in the meantime.

Also very happy here reading all about what you folks have been doing with this beautiful machine.

(And to pick up on a point made by one or two recent joiners that resonated, I'm also kind of making a point to myself about the resources wasted by modern software; hoping to come out writing more efficient code in my day job as a result.)

:)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from London!

Post by vanpeebles »

A very warm welcome to the forum! :) I hope you get a QL setup sooner rather than later, always great to see new faces :)

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Welcome. And good luck finding a QL soon.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

Welcome aboard!

Have you written any software for the QL? Or do you have top secret plans afoot?

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Welcome on board!

Until you get a QL, you can start reading the QL manual and articles online at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/ebooks/index.html - the manual is available as PDFs and eBook versions on there, or as online html at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/ebooks/olqlug/index.htm.

Elsewhere on the site you'll find a lot of articles, replacement manuals and software.

gbejniet
ROM Dongle

Post by gbejniet »

Big thanks everyone! I will spend some time looking through those resources. I am expecting a learning curve, especially as I wasn't anticipating so much development / hardware to have happened in the interim.
robheaton wrote:Have you written any software for the QL? Or do you have top secret plans afoot?
Ha ha, no plans, sorry, just woolly ideas so far. Would like to, though. :idea: