Hello from Genoa, Italy

Introduce yourself here!
whistling-ge
ROM Dongle
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby whistling-ge » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:47 am

Hi, everybody.

My name is Tom, I've been an owner of a QL for many years.
I took it out of the garage box, had it serviced, and now it's as shiny as new.
It has a few mods and upgrades (Minerva, QUBIDE, QJUMP V2).
Now I intend to brush up my SBasic and Assembler skills for some demos. There is a new cultural association in Italy focused on 8- and 16-bit programming, and since there are very few QL owners and (former?) nerds, I was asked to contribute, even with papers, to stir up the attention that this machine deserves.
I hope I will find useful information, hints, and new friends in this Forum.

Thanks for accepting me!

Tom


User avatar
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: North East UK

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby vanpeebles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum! :) What kind of demos will you be writing? Ones with music and fancy graphics? It would be nice to see a demo scene for the QL!


User avatar
Cristian
Super Gold Card
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm
Location: Veneto

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby Cristian » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi Tom! Welcome to the right place to learn and have fun with your QL!
Do you know there is also the Italian QL mailing list, and the Sinclair QL Italia group? You're welcome!


RWAP
RWAP Master
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:51 pm
Location: Stone, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby RWAP » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 pm

A warm welcome - there are plenty of us on here, just not always very active - but we soon jump in and contribute or help others out when required :D


User avatar
Tesla
ROM Dongle
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby Tesla » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Welcome Tom I live in Genoa too.
Happy to share with you some expereience here on the forum. :D

Marco


thorsinclair
Trump Card
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby thorsinclair » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Welcome!
Does this cultural association have a web presence? And please keep us posted about your demo programming success - there is not much around of this kind of software (if at all?) unfortunately.


User avatar
Outsoft
Super Gold Card
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby Outsoft » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:37 pm

whistling-ge wrote:Hi, everybody.

My name is Tom, I've been an owner of a QL for many years.
I took it out of the garage box, had it serviced, and now it's as shiny as new.
It has a few mods and upgrades (Minerva, QUBIDE, QJUMP V2).
Now I intend to brush up my SBasic and Assembler skills for some demos. There is a new cultural association in Italy focused on 8- and 16-bit programming, and since there are very few QL owners and (former?) nerds, I was asked to contribute, even with papers, to stir up the attention that this machine deserves.
I hope I will find useful information, hints, and new friends in this Forum.

Thanks for accepting me!

Tom


Great!!! Another Italian guy is with us ;)

Welcome!!!


whistling-ge
ROM Dongle
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby whistling-ge » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:04 am

Cristian wrote:Hi Tom! Welcome to the right place to learn and have fun with your QL!
Do you know there is also the Italian QL mailing list, and the Sinclair QL Italia group? You're welcome!

Hello Cristian, thanks for your welcome.
No, I didn't know about the Italian list and group. I think we should get in touch.

A presto :-)
Tom


whistling-ge
ROM Dongle
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby whistling-ge » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:11 am

Tesla wrote:Welcome Tom I live in Genoa too.
Happy to share with you some expereience here on the forum. :D

Marco

Hello Marco.
I subscribed to this forum because I was searching for a QL-SD - which mk79 kindly provided me.
But it's good to know that we are from the same city (and writing in English LOL.)
We can share experiences easily.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Tom


User avatar
Cristian
Super Gold Card
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm
Location: Veneto

Re: Hello from Genoa, Italy

Postby Cristian » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:58 am

whistling-ge wrote:No, I didn't know about the Italian list and group. I think we should get in touch.

Sinclair QL Italia:
https://it-it.facebook.com/SinclairQLItalia/
Mailing List italiana:
https://it.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sinclair-italy/info?guccounter=1
Quantum Technology:
http://www.hunggartorino.it/ql/language/it/

We're scheduling the next QL Italian meeting for the beginning of spring 2020, so stay tuned ;-)

Ciao



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests