Hello

Introduce yourself here!
drdivago
ROM Dongle

Hello

Postby drdivago » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi,

After lurking around for some time I finally registered: I think that anybody owning (and wanting to use) a QL should join this board!

I'm a long standing Sinclair fun, precisely since 1982 when I bought a ZX81 (which I sold) and then soon after a ZX Spectrum 16K (an Issue 2 which I still have). Some time later I went to Florence to buy the chips needed to expande it to 48K, and installed them myself: my first experience at modding! I wanted to buy a QL too, but it was way too expensive for me at the time :(

Last September I started buying quite a lot of vintage Sinclair stuff on eBay, and before long I had 4 QLs, so here I am... :D

Anyway, enough for now, see you around!

Ciao
Leo aka drdivago

Sinclair ZX81, ZX Spectrum, QL: a passion since 1981 :)
NormanDunbar
Aurora

Re: Hello

Postby NormanDunbar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Good evening Leo,

You sound like me! I bought a zx81 first, added a keyboard and 56kb ram expansion, then I got a 16k Spectrum, and eventually, a ql - when the prices dropped from £400 to around £120. I now have three qls. All need new keyboard membranes though - so I'm using emulators on Linux these days.

Cheers,
Norm.

EDIT: Fixed atroshus speling erors! :D :D :D
Last edited by NormanDunbar on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving!
If you think your job is pointless, remember, there's someone in Germany who fits indicators to BMWs.
Cristian
Super Gold Card

Postby Cristian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Ciao Leo,
and welcome aboard! A long long time ago, I had the opportunity to try my brother's ZX81. Then arrived his Spectrum 48K (with its games!), upgraded to Spectrum+. Finally, I got the wonderful QL!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Postby vanpeebles » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 am

A warm welcome to the forum! :)