Hi from Sweden !

Introduce yourself here!
micken
ROM Dongle

Hi from Sweden !

Post by micken »

Hi everyone.

I did not use QL back in the days , it was kind of uncommon around here. I did read about it in a magazine "Mikrodatorn" , and I thought WOW :)

It wasn't after I was married and got 2 kids , that I managed to get a QL , or two actually.
After that I bought QPC2 and a Q40 (from Roy , hello still there ?). Unfortunately I had to sell the Q40 and I believe that someone here bought it. I hope it is useful for whoever owns it now , because that was a very nice computer. I think I mentioned a couple of times on the ql-users email list that I actually still use the installation from that Q40 in QPC2 , originally transferred with sernet.

In a couple of weeks I will be given a Atari and I collected a monitor for it. My plan is to run SMSQ/E on it , when I have money to buy a copy.

Now on to a question,

I cannot use windows , because I spend all my days working in linux. Is QPC2 in wine working nowadays or is uqlx a more viable solution ?

Nice forum !

Michael Grunditz

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hi from Sweden !

Post by vanpeebles »

Thank you, hello and a warm welcome :) Not sure about the emulators but someone will know. :D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Norman Dunbar said a little while back that QPC2 in WINE actually works better than older versions. IIRC he said that older versions had some form of keyboard issues with QPC2, which are fixed in the more recent WINEs. See, more wine works wonders ;-)
Dilwyn

micken
ROM Dongle

Post by micken »

Hi

I just tried QPC2 with wine , and it works just as in windows :)

/Michael

Green12
ROM Dongle

Post by Green12 »

Hi there,
I'm using Q-Emulator, which seems to run good under Wine.
Greetings : Green12

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

I've tried too much wine now i'm under the table hic!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

Mr_Navigator wrote:I've tried too much wine now i'm under the table hic!
:P

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?