Time to dust off my QLs

Introduce yourself here!
fatbob_gb
ROM Dongle

Time to dust off my QLs

Post by fatbob_gb »

Hi Everyone,

I have had QLs for quite a few years now but have finally decided its time do do more with them than just play the odd game of Knight Flight every few months.

BITD I taught myself Pascal & C using the QL but never had enough money to upgrade it much past a 512kb expanderam.

I am interested in some of the homebrew interfaces & cards being developed for the QL & hope to upgrade my QL a bit more.

I recognise quite a few names form other Forums and although I dont always post very often I like to help whenever I can but since my QL knowledge is very rusty I expect tp spend most of my time here reading, learning & spending.

Cheers
Graham

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Time to dust off my QLs

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome aboard! It seems like a good time to be looking into expansions as there are number in the pipeline at the moment, if not released!

fatbob_gb
ROM Dongle

Post by fatbob_gb »

vanpeebles wrote:Welcome aboard! It seems like a good time to be looking into expansions as there are number in the pipeline at the moment, if not released!
Yes - Its a shame I missed out on the Qubide run that was done last year - I dont know how I missed it since I used to check out these forums at least once a month. Hopefully Jose will make a 2nd run of them.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

It pays to keep an eye on places like sellmyretro, there has been another type of qubide on there recently, as well as other multi interfaces.

fatbob_gb
ROM Dongle

Post by fatbob_gb »

vanpeebles wrote:It pays to keep an eye on places like sellmyretro, there has been another type of qubide on there recently, as well as other multi interfaces.
I was just looking on there - I noticed that Zaxon is selling one but if possible I would prefer to wait and get one with a pass-through.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

fatbob_gb wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have had QLs for quite a few years now but have finally decided its time do do more with them than just play the odd game of Knight Flight every few months.

BITD I taught myself Pascal & C using the QL but never had enough money to upgrade it much past a 512kb expanderam.

I am interested in some of the homebrew interfaces & cards being developed for the QL & hope to upgrade my QL a bit more.

I recognise quite a few names form other Forums and although I dont always post very often I like to help whenever I can but since my QL knowledge is very rusty I expect tp spend most of my time here reading, learning & spending.

Cheers
Graham
Oh leh ;)

Great job!

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums - there is (just about) still time for you to win more games to entice you away from Knight Flight - http://qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1714