New on the QL with SuperForth

Introduce yourself here!
78squirel78
ROM Dongle

New on the QL with SuperForth

Post by 78squirel78 »

Hi,

I discovered Forth with the Jupiter_ace emulation, and frankly, I think there is something very elegant with this language. So I was turning around to find other Forth's (I found Forth-83 on ORIC ATMOS on Android Tablet), Spectrum128K with Forth-83(on Android too), and finally on QL with SuperForth, wich made my eyes poping out.

I know there are other brands working directly on Win8, like Win32Forth, but Honestly, 3000+ words are not for me. I wanted something not more than 83 version. Extra possibilities are not for me as I have nothing like a guru. Not saying that retrocomputing taste is awsome.......

I only have a reference guide for SuperForth who is obviously not a USER-GUIDE. If someone has a PDF or other that sounds like a User-Guide, I will be very happy to have a copy. QL+ SF isn't as straightforward as Jupiter-Ace (power-on + VLIST = Voila !).

Best regards to all,

Guy

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: New on the QL with SuperForth

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully with help from everyone we can get you set up with forth on the QL :)

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: New on the QL with SuperForth

Post by Mr_Navigator »

May the Forth be with you :mrgreen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/