Hello from a UK Sinclair fan

Introduce yourself here!
skullandbones
ROM Dongle

Hello from a UK Sinclair fan

Post by skullandbones »

I have been using Sinclair computers since the ZX81 came out. Then came the 48K Spectrum which allowed me to learn the Z80 Assembly Language with Zodney Zaks' "Programming the Z80" reference book.

During the 1980's, I also had a Commodore 64 with 1541 disk drive and an Atari STFM 1024.

Around 2015, I purchased 5 Sinclair QLs from E-bay. I replaced the keyboard membranes and the QLs all mostly work. I put them into storage as I didn't have any software to run.

Then in Christmas 2021, I managed to get a QL vDrive from New Zealand which sparked my interest in using the QL. I soon realised that storage was limited but at least I could run some programs. Consequently, I obtained a Trump card and a Tetroid card.

Currently, I have dual Goteks supporting FLP1 and FLP2 for DD disks via a PC floppy cable connected to the Trump or Tetroid card. I have a flashed CF card from Tetroid which provides a GUI Pointer Environment but I don't know which one it is.

I have wired up a hybrid serial PS/2 mouse but noted the voltage had to be 5V.

Now I am interested in looking at the various Pointer Environments that have desktops.... so I registered to this website...

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from a UK Sinclair fan

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome!! :)

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello from a UK Sinclair fan

Post by NormanDunbar »

Greetings. You'll find lots of help and advice here.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.