Reset button

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
skagon
Chuggy Microdrive

Reset button

Post by skagon »

Like the title reads, I need a reset button, including keycap. If anyone's got a spare...

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Reset button

Post by RWAP »

I don't have any spares - there are some listed on ebay at the moment though

skagon
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by skagon »

Yeah, they're asking for £12 (on discount) for 5 buttons stems. I need one.
And yes, I've contacted them, they won't sell one or two or anything less than 5, and the original price is £15. That makes it £5 a piece.
Right.

skagon
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by skagon »

Update:
Does anyone else want or would be interested in reset button stems? If I posted at cost at £2 per piece?
I'd probably have 3 or 4 to spare.

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Maybe... :|

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
skagon
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by skagon »

...depending on?

Haven't phrased it properly, though: if I *sold* them at cost, £2 per piece plus shipping at cost.

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Well, you have clarified the cost.
I am not sure what part you mean. Do you mean the black button, or the switch (which is mounted to the PCB)?
Now, I have not gone looking, but they look like standard type parts (that were/are/used to be available from electronic parts suppliers), if so they are not unique to the QL.

Mark

“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

It is the red part which goes into the reset button.....

I have about 3 left here although they are missing the springs and probably the little copper contact which comes adrift as it just sits in them....

skagon
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by skagon »

Yes, it's the red moving part, including the black keycap, the spring and the contact.
I've looked for something similar, but I can't get the exact dimensions. Don't know if it exists, all I'm saying is, *I* can't find it.
Moreover, it's an all-plastic housing and on top of that, the button needs to be pressed in all the way, for the QL board to be taken out or put back in. That is probably what happened with the previous owner of my QL.

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Ahh, I see what you mean. I would call it the plastic actuator/plunger.
Having never attempted to take one apart before (well not one of this type anyway), I did not think that it was easily removable/replaceable. On some other similar switch designs, the plastic actuator/plunger comes out the other end of the switch (if you need to remove it).

Mark

“There are four lights!”