Text adventures and QL games wanted!

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Text adventures and QL games wanted!

Post by vanpeebles »

Wanted! Monty Mole :oops: Actually I'm after copies of the QL Adventurer's Forum magazine and also text adventures. Plus after original copies of The Quill (text adventure maker not the word processor) and ACT.

Thanks!

QLAF sorted for the moment!

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: QL Adventurer's Forum Magazine and also text adventures

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Any particular issue? I can scan them if you like, but this will take plenty of time, so if you are after a particular review/article, that would be easier.

The first 3 (I think) were mdv only. I think my copies should still be ok. I'd have to set up the QL thought to get those copied across to disk and over to the Mac.

Regarding text adventures, you can download various adventures off Dilwyn's website, and of course Rich sells a back catalogue of quite a few games too + also has a text adventure set of free downloads too (last time I checked).

If you can't get the Quill, you can use ACT which is far more powerful (but perhaps more complex, I don't know as I have not used either)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: QL Adventurer's Forum Magazine and also text adventures

Post by vanpeebles »

I think I should be ok for scans but I'm trying to find games for sale privately too. I've been buying some from RWAP and ebay. Surely there must be cupboards stocked with old goodies somewhere! I'm also after The Double which you get from the microdrive exchange and any other footy games :)

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Text adventures and QL games wanted!

Post by Sparrowhawk »

QL Adventurers' Forum 1 - 3

As with Lands of Beyond, this is a zipped up folder with QL files inside that. So you will need to decompress on a PC/Mac first.

I'm still trying to find that footy game for you but so far no joy.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves