QLiberator & QPtr toolkit

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

QLiberator & QPtr toolkit

Post by JonS »

Hi,
After selling all my QL hardware/software some years ago, I would now like to get back into the QL scene. However, I need to acquire a copy of QLiberator and the QPtr toolkit. QLiberator is essential (for me), QPtr would be nice to have but could always be replaced by EasyPTR, which is still available.

Any help in getting a copy of these would be appreciated.

Jon

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: QLiberator & QPtr toolkit

Post by vanpeebles »

Have you tried sellmyretro?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

vanpeebles wrote:Have you tried sellmyretro?
Also if a member of Quanta or subscribing to QL Today, consider a small advert (which I THINK are free to the readers.

Dilwyn

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Yep they are :)

JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

Yes, I've tried Sellmyretro and eBay. I'm not a member of Quanta, and am unlikely to be until I know I can get the software I want.

Regards

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Have you tried Jochen Merz Software? They have QPtr for sale(According to the latest ad in QL Today) and might do Q-Liberator too(according to the QL wiki)

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

In case you can't get hold of QPTR and QLiberator, you might want to consider some alternatives:

The Turbo SBASIC compiler is now PD and is, opposed to QLiberator (very) actively maintained by George Gwilt. George has driven TURBO in a direction that most of the former quirks it had have now vanished. Turbo can be used perfectly together with EasyPtr (I write next to all of my PE programs with TURBO), and of course, with TurboPTR

George also has developed TPTR, which can be considered a QPTR replacement. Most of the functionality available via QPTR should also (I do not use it myself) be available from TurboPTR. It even covers a bit more, because it includes tooling that can be used to create complete window definitions.

Both of the above tools are available from Dylwin's or George's own websites.

The last one to recommend is obviously EasyPtr which should still be available from Jochen Merz Software. This allows creating windows in a WYSIWYG way, interactively on screen.

QPTR as such is rarely used these days, I guess - The PD alternatives are good enough to replace it - The only thing you definitely need from that package is the QPTR manual that describes the concepts of PE programming - But that has been made available in the meantime for download from Marcel Kilgus's site.

Cheers,
tofro

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

Thanks for the help. I'll look into TPTR and Turbo a little more. I guess I was just wanting to go back to something I'd used and was comfortable with. Also, my experiences with Supercharge and Turbo, albeit a long time ago, were not good.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I have now found my spare copies of QPTR and QLIBERATOR - although I have the original Qliberator manual, I do not have a QPTR manual

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:I have now found my spare copies of QPTR and QLIBERATOR - although I have the original Qliberator manual, I do not have a QPTR manual
QPTR manual is available to download from Marcel Kilgus at http://www.kilgus.net/smsqe/QPTR%20Updates.pdf (the %20 in the URL corresponds to a space character)

Dilwyn Jones