Imperfect QL & other stuff

Sell your QL items here!
Brendan
ROM Dongle

Imperfect QL & other stuff

Post by Brendan »

I have a QL available. Three of the keys have broken off, but I have them. They could glued back on to function normally or the posts removed and new posts fitted, if you can get these posts. On power-up the QL won’t go past the video output selection screen (Press F1/F2).

When I opened the QL up, the keyboard membrane was delaminated and connexion tracks had apparently ‘evaporated.’ There is no other sign of damage, but the RF modulator looks slightly corroded.

I have the original QL User guide, the supplied microdrives, a QL/One-per-desk/Merlin Tonto interchange microdrive, 2 boxes of mixed used and blank microdrives.

I have about 30 issues of QL World between 1986 and 1991. I have Quick QL Machine language by Adrian Giles, QL Advanced User guide by Adrian Dickens, QL Archive by Ian Murray, and 68000 Assembly Langage Programming by Leventhal, Kane et al.

Does anyone want these. I am not selling, but I would appreciate a donation to a charity eg RNIB. I prefer a pickup rather than posting. Rainhill near St Helens, between Liverpool and Manchester

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Imperfect QL & other stuff

Post by Dave »

Would you consider sending the Merlin Interchange software to Rich at RWAP? I will donate £5 to RNIB if you do that.

He collects old software in unknown condition and makes sure there's always a recoverable copy.

Brendan
ROM Dongle

Post by Brendan »

Somebody local has sent me a pm about this, offering collection. This seems the best bet so far, but the system prevents me replying to him. I get and can view his pm, but there is no button to reply, and when I try compose a message, the system says I don't have sufficient provileges.

I have raised this by reporting the pm to the administrators.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello try that now :)