Brand new MPlanes for sale....

Sell your QL items here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Brand new MPlanes for sale....

Post by Dave »

I have assembled the remaining stock of TF Services' MPlane. These are a great upgrade if you're using a less reliable backplane.

Mplane is a low profile backplane to allow three QL expansions and the original motherboard or Aurora to be fitted in a case. It has been designed especially for Qbranch's MinisQL, but can be used in any installation.

It is arranged two high and two wide, allowing the motherboard and first expansion (Gold Card, Super Gold Card or the new Goldfire) to be fitted side by side and firmly fixed to the case. Only light expansions (ie qubide) need be mounted above - no more flying Super Gold Card!

Also provided is a standard ROM slot as an alternative when using Aurora, which doesn't have the standard connector. When used with Aurora, this ROM slot is fitted facing towards the case back, allowing access through the back without opening the case.

A 4 layer circuit board with noise reducing internal power and ground planes is used. Extra smoothing capacitors are fitted, and all sensitive signal lines have pull up/down resistors as necessary.

It powers off a standard IBM style 4-way connector. +12v/-12v (nominal) are generated on board for mouse/serial ports. It can be used off 5v only if floppy/hard disk drives are 5V only. In a tower case, connection of the standard 4 way power connector will supply both 5v and +12v. The case's reset switch can be connected to the backplane to reset the QL or Aurora if needed.

Size is 35 x 197mm

Price is £39 each, plus £9 shipping (£5 extra shipping for each additional MPlane). I accept PayPal to dave@sinclairql.com.

I will start shipping MPlanes on March 22nd.

Please PM me here or email me if you would like one. I have a limited number.
Attachments
MPlane-below.jpg
MPlane-above.jpg

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Brand new MPlanes for sale....

Post by vanpeebles »

Put me down for 2 please!

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Brand new MPlanes for sale....

Post by Dave »