QL Black Friday

Sell your QL items here!
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: QL Black Friday

Post by dilwyn »

HAOUI wrote:Thanks for your requests. I posted PM for everybody asked about, so please look at your inbox as it seems that the forum doesn't send notification any more. Also, it seems I will have to make arbitration between some cross combined requests.
BTW, I haven't managed to insert pictures inside PMs, so I am wondering if this is possible or not. Some body knows how ?
Regards,
Alain
The setting is in User Control Panel -> Board Preferences tab -> Edit Notification Options in the left sidebar, the final entry in that screen has a tick box for both Email and Notifications check boxes for "Someone sends you a private message".

That said, I've also noticed I no longer get any PM notifications by email, I have to log in to check for Private Messages.
pmnotifications.jpg

HAOUI
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by HAOUI »

dilwyn wrote: The setting is in User Control Panel -> Board Preferences tab -> Edit Notification Options in the left sidebar, the final entry in that screen has a tick box for both Email and Notifications check boxes for "Someone sends you a private message".

That said, I've also noticed I no longer get any PM notifications by email, I have to log in to check for Private Messages.
Thank you Dilwyn. This is already my settings and worked fine for me in the past as I received a notifcation on my personal mail for any PM on the forum. Now, like you I have to log in the forum to check PM (less convenient).
Rich told me similar issue, so I am supposing it is more general.

Thanks again.
Alain

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Which items do you have left at this stage Alain?

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
HAOUI
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by HAOUI »

Chr$ wrote:Which items do you have left at this stage Alain?
Hi Chris,
Only one item left, the complete QL (1).
I'll be delighted to find an antouthiast QLer here interested by this wonderful machine, isn't it ?
Regards,
Alain

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

HAOUI wrote: Thank you Dilwyn. This is already my settings and worked fine for me in the past as I received a notifcation on my personal mail for any PM on the forum. Now, like you I have to log in the forum to check PM (less convenient).
Rich told me similar issue, so I am supposing it is more general.

Thanks again.
Alain
Have reported this to the Forum admins to see if they can look into why this is happening. It may be just that emails are seen by ISP's en-route as spam and blocked I suppose, but at least the admins can have a look to see if there's anything they can do.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

HAOUI wrote:Thanks for your requests. I posted PM for everybody asked about, so please look at your inbox as it seems that the forum doesn't send notification any more. Also, it seems I will have to make arbitration between some cross combined requests.
BTW, I haven't managed to insert pictures inside PMs, so I am wondering if this is possible or not. Some body knows how ?
Regards,
Alain
I did get a notification flag today about your PM and responded. I do have another PM still sitting in my outbox so perhaps that notification to the other forum member hasn't been received. So maybe some form of randomness with that bug.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

If a PM is still sat in your outbox, it means the other person hasn't read it yet :)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

vanpeebles wrote:If a PM is still sat in your outbox, it means the other person hasn't read it yet :)
I never know when a PM is sent to me, there is no email notification, even though the the option is set in the User Setting.

It is always a surprise to see the PM indicator when logging in...

Regards,

Derek
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
vanpeebles wrote:If a PM is still sat in your outbox, it means the other person hasn't read it yet :)
I never know when a PM is sent to me, there is no email notification, even though the the option is set in the User Setting.

It is always a surprise to see the PM indicator when logging in...
I never get one either, I have a feeling that any automated messages like that are now nuked at the email servers.