Upgraded Sinclair QL for Sale + extras

Sell your QL items here!
Vyper68
ROM Dongle

Upgraded Sinclair QL for Sale + extras

Post by Vyper68 »

Hi
I have decided to sell my small QL collection of as I am getting on a bit and never use certain items, the QL being one. Over the last couple of years I have upgraded it with various bits and bobs. Here is a list of mods and items.
I replaced the keyboard membrane and fitted a new bubble mat ( a extra spare is also included )
I replaced the ribbon cables for MDV1 & MDV2 with the Farnell part mentioned on the forums - both MDV1 and MDV2 read/write and format
I fitted a Hermes I/O chip and still have the old IC as well
I fitted Tetroid's 7805 Voltage Regulator replacement and removed the Heatsink ( you can have it if you want it I still have it )
I fitted an internal 512KB RAM expansion
I fitted a 27c512 EEPROM with Minvera 1.98 & TK2 and removed the JM ROMs ( sadly one of the pins of one of the JM ROMs broke so they are included but damaged )
Included is ...
Issue 5 Sinclair QL with external MDV cover and ROM cover and also with Manual, PSU & RGB SCART lead
Kempston Disk interface fitted ( purchased with this fitted and expansion cover missing )
Boxed QL Paint, Loose GraphicQL, QL Chess, 3.5 Disks ( Various )
Sinclair QL Sales Brochure & Order form.

You will need a 3.5 Floppy or Gotek to take advantage of the disk interface but apart from that you are good to go.

I have added some photos of the Inside of the QL so you can see what I did ( minus the Hermes ) the QL externally is very good and I'll need to take some more and add them as soon as I can.
I put this here as I would rather a QL user get first dibs on this setup and not a breakers yard on eBay...
So I am asking for £200 plus shipping and payment via PayPal would be to a registered PayPal address. You would be welcome to collect in normal circumstances but we are in Tier 3 ( NE England ) so people are not supposed to travel into or out of our area for stuff like this and on top of that I wouldn't be able to let you in to show it set up.
I would send this to UK/EU but ROW would need discussion beforehand.

Regards
Richie

(C)1982 Sinclair Research Ltd
XorA
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded Sinclair QL for Sale + extras

Post by XorA »

Nice setup, I think one of the corner pins is always missing on QLs so if thats the one it might not be broken!

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

XorA wrote:Nice setup, I think one of the corner pins is always missing on QLs so if thats the one it might not be broken!
Yes, I recently had an issue 7 and pin 1 of the left ROM chip is missing.

Great price on this (esp with the FLP board and Hermes chip) and if I wasn't almost buried in QL bits - with more in the way - I'd have snapped it up.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Is this a "fast" 512k expansion or a slow one?

4E75 7000
Vyper68
ROM Dongle

Post by Vyper68 »

RalfR wrote:Is this a "fast" 512k expansion or a slow one?
I don’t know the difference to be honest can you elaborate on the difference?

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Nice setup!

llopis
ROM Dongle

Post by llopis »

I'm really liking the upgrades. And since I was thinking of getting the same ones... I think I'll buy it from you if it's still available :D I'll send you a PM.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Does the internal ram expansion fit inside the case? I didn't see it. One future project is to try and re-create the one that fits on top of the processor that has been posted here. I know tcat did a version that fit into the expansion slot.

Vyper68
ROM Dongle

Post by Vyper68 »

bwinkel67 wrote:Does the internal ram expansion fit inside the case? I didn't see it. One future project is to try and re-create the one that fits on top of the processor that has been posted here. I know tcat did a version that fit into the expansion slot.
It does fit inside if you make everything low profile.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Oh, I see it now...yes, that's the one I wanted to create :-/ I thought someone a few months back had ordered a bunch of those boards and was going to sell the extras to forum members (I had said I wanted one) but it kind of never materialized...likely due to delays with COVID.