HullQLMan
ROM Dongle

QL Software for sale on ebay!!

Post by HullQLMan »

retro_collector
Brittle Membrane

Re: QL Software for sale on ebay!!

Post by retro_collector »

yea, I saw that and the box is crushed 50 quid and I would buy it but 600? yikes!

Bill

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Ouch !

And people have accused me of "profiteering" in the past...... !!

Artificer
Brittle Membrane

Post by Artificer »

RWAP
Wrongly

There are different market segments in play here.

Some of the current ebay selling is aimed at collectors speculating on future values or collectors aiming to realise future speculated values on goods.

In the last week a used copy of Jan Jones original "QL SuperBasic The definitive handbook" seems to have been sold for £80 ( unsigned as far as I can determine) and a QUANTA reprint of the same book is on sale for £179 which I bought from Quanta for £10, while a kindle edition of the book is on sale on Amazon for £5.99. A copy of "Desk top Computing with the Sinclair QL" can be obtained on ebay from one seller for £2.98 with free postage but there is another copy on ebay from another seller at £182.70 with free postage, and so on.

An unopened package of microdrive software does not mean that it will work now. Microdrive tapes do not improve with age unlike whisky and wine.

Cavet emptor definitely applies to ebay

Cheers

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Artificer wrote:A copy of "Desk top Computing with the Sinclair QL" can be obtained on ebay from one seller for £2.98 with free postage but there is another copy on ebay from another seller at £182.70 with free postage, and so on.
It makes me cringe when I see some of hte prices being asked for any of the "QL Series" books - whilst they might be ok for the very beginner, they have masses of pages of repeated information in every book in the series, and were appalling value for money in the 80s!

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

RWAP wrote:Ouch !

Ah ah ah Mamma cara!!!

Is absolutely MAD but....who can say ;)