Qubide. New list of people interested

Sell your QL items here!
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Qubide. New list of people interested

Post by tofro »

And me as well - But (don't know about the others)

Memory expansion would maybe not be needed - I'd switch it off anyhow on the pass-through version....

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I'd prefer the pass-through design too, but happy to receive the existing design. I have 2 QLs (one in use) so I might buy another pass-through version later.

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

I would also prefer a through-con. I have an old SQB 0kB (wrong bought from Ebay) which would be good for my FLPs.

jose_leandro
ROM Dongle

Post by jose_leandro »

Hi

Ok then. I just send the files to make a prototype. If it works, I'll ask for some help in order to test it.

For me, it is important to say this does not alter the initial offering. That is, there is a list for the qubide ( the version that I know it works) and rom/eprom kit.

When the prototype will come, we will see. Remember that I am only a hobbyist not a professional seller :-P

Bye

José Leandro

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

We're not professional buyers either :D

(I.e. that is well understood)

Thanks for spending time on this,
Tobias

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

jose_leandro wrote:Hi
Ranma_Simon wrote:Interested too but...for preservation project...need to connect a Trump Card too...

Works on MGI rom too?
I know that there are some people that need/ would like a qubide with pass bus connector. I have a 4 layer PCB prototype with this feature but I 'm little scare to sent it to manufacture (this is my first 4 layer pcb) . I don't have problem in waste 10 2 layer pcb but 10 4 layer pcb are other thing ( there are more more expensive that 2 layer)

Other problem is that I can't test it because I don't have any other interface.

But, If there are people really interested, we can talk about it and try it.

About rom. I tested with minerva+tk2.20, JS+tk2.20 and MGE+tk.220 (and without tk) and works well. I can test wit MGI rom if you like

Bye

José Leandro

Very interested in all,thanks ;)

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

XorA wrote:Reading files from qubide on PC is quite easy!
Really?

How?

And we can put files from an IMG files or MDV dump too on it via PC?

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

So for me: QUBIDE + EXPANSION RAM ;)

NO TK2, I just have it in ROM too ^_^

Count on me.

Thanks.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Ranma_Simon wrote:
Really?

How?
Connect the ATAPI drive (or whatever you use, I like/use DiskOnModules because you don't need an additional PSU or housing) - http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/OTAyODkyOT ... 28_MB.html
(Have a look at the price ;) )
- directly to the PC using an USB<->ATAPI interface.

Jose Leandro's QubIDE replica comes with a downloadable image reader/writer application that then allows you to transfer files back and forth. (Make sure you only unzip on a QL, otherwise your headers get lost...)
Ranma_Simon wrote: And we can put files from an IMG files or MDV dump too on it via PC?
You'd probably want to use Martin Head's image driver, unpack it for example on QPC2 to "real" QL files, zip those up and transfer as above. I don't know of a more direct way.

Tobias

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

tofro wrote:
Ranma_Simon wrote:
Really?

How?
Connect the ATAPI drive (or whatever you use, I like/use DiskOnModules because you don't need an additional PSU or housing) - http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/OTAyODkyOT ... 28_MB.html
(Have a look at the price ;) )
- directly to the PC using an USB<->ATAPI interface.

Jose Leandro's QubIDE replica comes with a downloadable image reader/writer application that then allows you to transfer files back and forth. (Make sure you only unzip on a QL, otherwise your headers get lost...)
Ranma_Simon wrote: And we can put files from an IMG files or MDV dump too on it via PC?
You'd probably want to use Martin Head's image driver, unpack it for example on QPC2 to "real" QL files, zip those up and transfer as above. I don't know of a more direct way.

Tobias

Great!

Well I will need to transfer, most of all, the MDV images created from mDump on the real QL to the DISK ON MODULE or a CF CARD ;)

So If this program that on PC permit to READ the content of the QUBIDE formatted DRIVE and save the entire image on PC too (not q-emulatore) will be FANTASTIC!!!