Sinclair QL - Finnish model

Sell your QL items here!
miki_73
ROM Dongle

Sinclair QL - Finnish model

Post by miki_73 »

I have had a boxed Sinclair QL computer in my possession for quite some time now.
The computer has only been used a couple of times and it came straight from stock of the Finnish importer back in the days.
The power supply is a two pin 230V version and the keyboard has the letters Å, Ä and Ö that are used in Finland and Sweden.
I have never tested the computer myself.
I got it as a gift because the previous owner never had any real use for it.
I think that the market for the QL is very limited in Finland because this model never broke through here and therefore I have never tried to sell it.
If anyone is interrested in buying this vintage computer, please feel free to contact me.
I will then test the computer, report the result and I will also try to find out how much it would cost to ship it to the UK.
As far as I remember there was one original microdrive game in the box (Backgammon) and there might also have been some other microdrive disks (system disks?).
The computer has been stored in room temperature for all these years.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Sinclair QL - Finnish model

Post by vanpeebles »

We do have some QL users on the forum who are also in Finland :)

miki_73
ROM Dongle

Post by miki_73 »

I stand corrected!
I found this forum today when I tried to figure out what to do with this old QL and I have never heard about any other Finnish QL users than Linus Torvalds ;)
As I mentioned before, I myself have never used a QL.
My path was MSX, Amiga, PC...
Never any Sinclairs in my house before I got this computer.

miki_73
ROM Dongle

Post by miki_73 »

Some Finnish users might not be enough to make this an active market but I will still call out to all readers.
If you want a Sicnlair QL that is more or less in mint condition, please contact me.
And the same in Finnish "Jos tarvitset hyväkuntoisen QL koneeen niin ota yhteyttä!".
...and because Swedish is one of the official languages in Finland (...and also the mother tongue of Linus) or aimed at all the other Swedes reading this forum the same in Swedish "Om du behöver en QL som är i bra skick, vänligen kontakta mig".

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

That reminds me - I got a copy of a game to review back in about 1989 - Sam the Little Spaceman from Aholsoft

It was a great game with cartoon-like graphics, but I did have to fix a couple of bugs to get it working on my system. I wrote a review of it for QL World, but someone else beat me to it.

Unfortunately, I do not know what ever happened to the original disk and it is now a missing in action title - does anyone have a copy?

Mike
ROM Dongle

Post by Mike »

Hi,

I might be interested. I'm Swedish, but lives in the Philippines since many years. If you're willing to ship it here (or if you by any chance have your way here) it could be a deal.

What's included?

Cheers,
Mike

miki_73
ROM Dongle

Post by miki_73 »

Hi eller hej,

I already have an potential buyer here in Finland.
Shipping this thing to the Philippines might also be a bit too expensive ;)

Included in the original box is the computer, a 230V power supply, all other original cables, a Backgammon microdrive game and possibly some other micrdrive tapes also.
If I remember correctly the user manual was missing from the box but everything else should be there.
At the moment the computer is in another town so I cannot test it, but i will get my hands on it on Sunday.

Mike
ROM Dongle

Post by Mike »

miki_73 wrote:Hi eller hej,

I already have an potential buyer here in Finland.
Shipping this thing to the Philippines might also be a bit too expensive ;)

Included in the original box is the computer, a 230V power supply, all other original cables, a Backgammon microdrive game and possibly some other micrdrive tapes also.
If I remember correctly the user manual was missing from the box but everything else should be there.
At the moment the computer is in another town so I cannot test it, but i will get my hands on it on Sunday.
See my PM.