Ultrasoft Software

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Ultrasoft Software

Post by RWAP »

I have been speaking with Martin Berndt (who traded as Ultrasoft in Germany).

Martin is releasing his software as freeware and has already sent me some utlities which I have passed onto Dilwyn to add to the Sinclair QL Homepage.

Martin also wrote TurboXchange which was a much quicker version of the original Psion Xchange, and looks to be missing from Dilwyn's site at the moment...

I was also surprised to learn that Martin released v1.14 of the QDOS ROM (MF) in both an English and a German version, which was much quicker and less buggy than the MG version it was based on.

Does anyone have one of the English version of this ROM to add to Dilwyn's site?? He already has the German version (un-credited)

Ralf R.

Re: Ultrasoft Software

Post by Ralf R. »

RWAP wrote:I have been speaking with Martin Berndt (who traded as Ultrasoft in Germany).

Martin also wrote TurboXchange which was a much quicker version of the original Psion Xchange, and looks to be missing from Dilwyn's site at the moment...
Aware that this version has its own inbuilt screen accelerator and does not properly work with Speedscreen or Lighning. I have not tested it under SMSQ/E

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

A number of Ultrasoft utility programs are now available as free downloads from the Sinclair QL Homepage, following Rich's communication with Martin Berndt.

Disk Monitor 2.4. Doctor your disks. Rescue corrupted disks. Alter programs. Edit directories. User friendly. Hex and Ascii on screen entries for file or sector editing. Former commercial program from Ultrasoft. (10K download)
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/files/index.html

Q-Kick 4.1. Q-Kick v4.1. The following description is from their advert. QKick is the program for the user who needs to work. A fully multitasking program running completely in interrupt 7 as a call-up background routine. Complete desk top facilities including a notepad and appointment diary. Save screens while playing - ideal for hi-score proof etc. Save memory, load memory, alter job priorities and much more for the programmer while working within the current program. For the businessman there is not only the note-pad and appointment diary and calendar but an easy to use database for addresses etc., with a software interface to the Psion Organiser II and with an easy transfer routine to put those addresses or the data you need into the current program, i.e. while working in Quill, find the addresses you need and transfer it straight into Quill from QKick or quickly look up an address or telephone number while working with any other program. Also comes with an automatic screen switch on/off routine to prolong the life of your monitor and a real multitasking spooler - spool from within Quill. Includes a plain text manual (QKick_txt).(26K download)
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/utils/index.html

UltraUtils: an assortment of small programs from Ultrasoft. Includes Digiclock, FontEditor, Pickall (pick programs in reverse order), PrinterPanel, SystemInfo and SystemPanel. Note that some of these programs won't work on pointer environment version 2.00 or later, as the PE version test only tests the last two digits of the version number (e.g. digiclock tests for version x.14). The assembler sources are available from the same page if anyone wants to have a go at correcting and reassembling this! In the meantime, if you'd like to try out these little utilities, you can download earlier (pre-v2.00) versions of the pointer environment files ptr_gen, wman and hot_rext from my Pointer Environment page.
(program: 16K, sources: 115K download)
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/utils/index.html

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I have again been speaking wiht Martin - it looks as though there is more software etc to be uploaded to Dilwyn's website.

There are some issues with the QL Wiki entry on Ultrasoft, which I have tried to correct.

The hardware by Ulrich "Uli" Rosowski was not sold by Martin - so do we know who did sell it ?