Another Software Question

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Another Software Question

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Running SMSQ/e in Qemulator so all the wman/pointer environments are loaded as far as I can ascertain.

What I cannot understand or get to work is a PC mouse move the QL mouse pointer.

This does not happen on any program I have tried in the last week or so, but I am sure this use to work.

I have tried 'QL on a stick' method booting fresh in Q-emulator, installing the pointer, installing the MAC mouse as well but nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
M68008
Trump Card

Re: Another Software Question

Post by M68008 »

Weird, this should work by default. No need to load the mouse driver with SMSQ/E (the mouse driver is only needed after loading WMAN/QPTR manually on a non-SMSQ/E emulated QL). Which SMSQ/E file/version are you using?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Another Software Question

Post by dilwyn »

M68008 wrote:Weird, this should work by default. No need to load the mouse driver with SMSQ/E (the mouse driver is only needed after loading WMAN/QPTR manually on a non-SMSQ/E emulated QL). Which SMSQ/E file/version are you using?
I discussed this with him on the online chat last night. It seems it's an old program which refers to mouse control but doesn't respond to QIMI etc (P.E. mice) - we think it refers to an old cursor-emulating mouse system, not to a pointer environment mouse like QIMI or a mouse on a PC.

The program is operated with cursor keys. Sometimes, a QIMI mouse will emulate cursor keys by holding the left mouse button down while moving the mouse, but not all PE mouse systems can do this.