EASEL GRAPHICS

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
mhanias
Brittle Membrane

EASEL GRAPHICS

Post by mhanias »

I want to make a graph os sin(x) vs x In Easel,but the Horizontal axis must labeles as -2pi to 2pi step p/8 etc. I can do it with excel and origin . Can Easel be used for this types of graphs?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: EASEL GRAPHICS

Post by tofro »

mhanias,
Yes, it can (at least partially, and the picture might to be tweaked manually to look like you want)

Note I'm referring to XChange Easel. I hope most of it applies to QL Easel as well.
  • Press the Tab (or <Shift>Tab) key repeatedly to increase the number of cells displayed. This increases the accuracy of your curve
  • Enter the following formula "figures=sin(2*pi()*(cell-1)/(cellmax-1))". This should display a sin() wave
  • Next step does something manually Excell would do automatically: Adding the labels in the right places. Move the crosswire to the first cell, enter F3 E L to change the label to 0, -2pi,... respectively. In case you have too many cells so that the text wouldn't fit here, add free text in the right place using F3 E T
And you'l probably end up with something like that:
sin.png
sin.png (171.65 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
(I didn't care for text and labels, sorry, and I promise to work on my sense of horizontally)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
mhanias
Brittle Membrane

Re: EASEL GRAPHICS

Post by mhanias »

Thank you very nuch for the Reply. the question is if someone can put the labes aytomaticaly, but I think the desigh of EASEL does not permit it