EasyPtr4

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: EasyPtr4

Post by pjw »

It works here (W10), although Windows Defender complains. Cant say I enjoy the intrusion of a Window app in my cosy "QL" environment, though.. Did you ever consider other ways of achieving the same, like _this_? Works with both QPC2 and SMSQmulator.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

pjw wrote:It works here (W10), although Windows Defender complains. Cant say I enjoy the intrusion of a Window app in my cosy "QL" environment, though.. Did you ever consider other ways of achieving the same, like _this_? Works with both QPC2 and SMSQmulator.
I will have a look at DOX, Do you have to manually type in the required path? That's something I was trying to avoid. Because of long and complicated DOS paths.

Windows defender on my W10 machines does not complain, Nor Avast on my Win8.1 machine.

Another idea I was toying with for getting the required path back to QPC2, was to see if I could use the clip board/stuffer buffer.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Anyway, thanks Martin, this is a neat little program do demonstrate easyPTR in a simple way :)

4E75 7000
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Martin_Head wrote:I will have a look at DOX, Do you have to manually
type in the required path? That's something I was trying to avoid. Because
of long and complicated DOS paths.
No. The original paths are set in QPC2's config dialogue or in boot. After
that, to change a base path in a DOS slot youd normally just browse your
way to it (in Dox, of course) select the desired path and enter it in the
slot you want using ALT SPACE (ie the stuffer buffer).
Martin_Head wrote:Windows defender on my W10 machines does not complain,
Nor Avast on my Win8.1 machine.
So far it only complained on first use. My guess is it will complain again
on first use after a Windows reboot.
Martin_Head wrote:Another idea I was toying with for getting the
required path back to QPC2, was to see if I could use the clip
board/stuffer buffer.
Dox has two ways of returning a selected path name 1) via the stuffer
buffer (like Qpac2 Files) and, optionally, 2) via a memory address supplied
on the command line. The latter is an alternative that could be used by
another program that uses Dox as its file selector.

I havent implemented it in the current version of Qwirc (an app used for
managing the WIN drive slots, as these are specified using Windows file
names), but I intend to in the next version of Qwirc.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

Good news. AVG HQ reported back that it found no malicious code in your .exe.

Another option to avoid the .exe could be to use Qmenu's DIR_SELECT$. Your example DOS drives are neatly together but mine are scattered all over the partitions so an option to pre-select a partition as root for dos8_ is then needed.

BSJR

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

I have run DOSlist_bas and the results were
1. ESET antivirus is perfectly happy with the exe
2. I mapped a DOS directory - and then pressed Done -> the DOS directory was mapped

BUGS:
1. At next program start DOS8 was mapped to C:\QPCFind (I did not mapped it!!)
2. If I click on a directory and then in Browse for Folder window I click Cancel -> Browse window is closed and the program becomes unresponsive: the mouse cursor works, but the controls are unresponsive and no clicks work.
CTRL-Space works and stops the execution with message At line 1550:1 incomplete

NICE TO HAVE
On open the Browse for Folder window always displays the root. It would be nice to display the currently selected directory mapped to the DOS drive, if the directory is valid.
(I need at least 5 clicks + a long scroll to reach the subdir where I keep the QL software directories ...)

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Andrew wrote: 1. At next program start DOS8 was mapped to C:\QPCFind (I did not mapped it!!)
If you noticed this after doing 2. below, and breaking into the program. Then that will happen because dos8_ will not be restored.
Andrew wrote:2. If I click on a directory and then in Browse for Folder window I click Cancel -> Browse window is closed and the program becomes unresponsive: the mouse cursor works, but the controls are unresponsive and no clicks work.
CTRL-Space works and stops the execution with message At line 1550:1 incomplete
In this situation press the END key. I know ESC would be the most sensible, but what happens is that when you use ESC. The loop waiting for the file ends, control is passed back to the main control loop, and that sees the ESC key pressed if you don't get your finger off quick enough. Ending the program.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Here's a little update to my program

When you click on a DOS drive, If it can, The Folder Finder program tries to go to the currently selected Windows folder.
You might have to scroll a bit to find it. I don't know if you can make the folder browser scroll automatically to put the highlighted folder in the middle of the window.

I have also added a 'Refresh' button in case the DOS assignments get changed outside of the program.
And I have tided up the listing a bit, and added some more remark lines.
Attachments
DOSlist2.zip
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
DOSdrive.zip
(8.99 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Thanks, Martin!

;)

4E75 7000
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I have a new question about EasyPtr.

This concerns pop up windows, and possibly drop down menus.

I want to pop up a warning message in the middle of the current window. But I can't figure out how to find out the the current start coordinates of the window. Especially if the window has been moved. So I can calculate the position to open the warning window.
Example 4.png
Example 4.png (8.57 KiB) Viewed 867 times
I don't see anything in the working definition that looks like the start position of the window. I could probably find it in the channel definition block, But that seems like a lot messing about.

I might be able to read the current pointer position, and pop the window up there. But I don't like that idea.

Am I just missing something obvious?

The same goes for drop down menus. (not that I am planning to use them in this project) How do you know where to place them?