ql prods (demos, games, etc.) at pouet.net

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
XorA
Site Admin

Re: ql prods (demos, games, etc.) at pouet.net

Post by XorA »

RalfR wrote:Absolute coding is always a problem, if the program runs on a different configuration. It may work on a standard QL with nothin plugged in. Even a disk I/F can cause problems. I know, that programs were written in this way, also with disabling the interrupts for speed reasons.
It should be fine if the code relocates after taking control of the system. This will work even with disk interfaces involved. The old QL games assume basic always allocates the same address and use absolute coding without a relocator.

spkr
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by spkr »

RalfR wrote:Absolute coding is always a problem, if the program runs on a different configuration. It may work on a standard QL with nothin plugged in. Even a disk I/F can cause problems. I know, that programs were written in this way, also with disabling the interrupts for speed reasons.
FUQL is targetted for stock machine, therefor I see no problem. If you want to use the tracker, please use an emulator with stock configuration (I recommend Qemulator), or actual hardware. For the demos, I cannot comment on other people's productions, but it's more common than not that a demo is targeting a specific configuration, rather than trying to be compatible.
Last edited by spkr on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

A while back, I ran the drmo "Its in our dna" , on the Q68, which okay in QL mode, I will check the other demos on the Q68 and report back.

The Q68 has a very compatible QL mode running SMSQ/E with 32Mb ram, if can run most QL software writtrn for the stock QL.

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Is it possible to run QDOS with 128k on the Q68 and to have the same address room? Then it would be an alll-in-one machine

4E75 7000