are there music trackers for ql, and how sound works?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
qbits
Trump Card

Re: are there music trackers for ql, and how sound works?

Post by qbits »

Steve,
Downloaded and fired up you FastStave6_bas got the supplied tunes working with varying tempo’s.
Tried the piano mode changing keyboard notes and parameters.
Notice you had LBYTES ‘DJTK_Bytes’ and ‘font_bytess’ but didn’t include files with you zip.

All very impressive and as you say a little more work on screen layout + a Save and Load for created Scores.

Open Question to those in the know: I would like to know more about QPCII SSS. Is it possible to vary the volume levels from within a SBASIC Prog.
For example a keyword such as SVol with level values [0 – 15] is this a simple task???

QBITS

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

qbits wrote: Is it possible to vary the volume levels from within a SBASIC Prog.
For example a keyword such as SVol with level values [0 – 15] is this a simple task???
Not in a simple and straightforward way, no.

The volume of the SSS output is purely determined by the volume in the samples - You could run through the sample file and subtract or add a specific number to each sample byte in order to in- or decrease the volume. That would obviously not work from S*BASIC in real time.

An alternative way to set the volume (QPC only) could be:
  1. Install a Windows command line app that allows volume control like this one, for example
  2. Run this command with an appropriate command line through QPC_EXEC

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Qbits,
To run fastStave6_bas, first you need to unzip and Lrespr the chans_code, then adjust line 5710 to the device you will be using files from.

When you first run, choose option zero, then any other options.

I am using a french AZERTY keyboard : (so move left keyboard hand using , or ; keys. This should be ok on QWERTY too).

I hope to clean up the controls some time, which would need to use a mouse interface.... Plenty to do still.....

Steve.
chans_code.zip
(358 Bytes) Downloaded 63 times
font_bytess.zip
(555 Bytes) Downloaded 61 times

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi,

QBITS QLSounds_v4
I’m in the process of adding a TRAKER Mode to the BEEP and SCORE Sheet, I’ve loaded a mock-up of the screen in TRACKER Mode.

The core is the BEEP attributes as single channel (Instrumental) / row entry. Multiple Channels ???
At present the rows can be scrolled between 0 and 23. This can be expanded later.
Each Pattern is selected as a Frame, I’ve set 8 which again could be extended.

‘$’ Clears a row to all zeros. CTRL UP Down Cursors Swaps current row with one above or below.
In addition to the BEEP attributes, I have included a variable Tempo. This can vary the release time between rows, giving the effect of changing the speed of play back.

QDOS
Attachments
QLSounds_v4.jpg
QLSounds_v4.jpg (38.46 KiB) Viewed 915 times