QMAC

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QMAC

Post by tofro »

XorA wrote: But it turns out I don't actually need to cross compile, make on QDOS is actually pretty nice.
Of course it is. (After you've catapulted yourselves 20 years back with regards to expectations on make features.)

I use it all the time, to make assembly, C and Pascal projects.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

tofro wrote:
XorA wrote: But it turns out I don't actually need to cross compile, make on QDOS is actually pretty nice.
Of course it is. (After you've catapulted yourselves 20 years back with regards to expectations on make features.)

You have obviously never used some of the aweful make versions I have over the years.

(microsoft staring at you)

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

XorA wrote:
tofro wrote:

You have obviously never used some of the aweful make versions I have over the years.

(microsoft staring at you)
Guilty. I'm spoiled by GNU make.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

XorA wrote:But it turns out I don't actually need to cross compile, make on QDOS is actually pretty nice.
Well, if it's only that, QMake is even nicer and works with any standard QL link file without additional effort.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

mk79 wrote:
XorA wrote:But it turns out I don't actually need to cross compile, make on QDOS is actually pretty nice.
Well, if it's only that, QMake is even nicer and works with any standard QL link file without additional effort.
No that was just a dangerous side quest I found myself on while looking at QMAC macros :-)

My main aim is to rebuild the C68 libraries so I can add functions which are now common to make porting easier. I had noticed that qmac turns up in at least one library!

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

XorA wrote:My main aim is to rebuild the C68 libraries so I can add functions which are now common to make porting easier. I had noticed that qmac turns up in at least one library!
I did that once and wanted to release the result as a complete C68 distribution, but never quite got around to it. Was a bit of work, especially as the official sources are missing a few files IIRC (but got them from Dave). Can revisit it if it helps you.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

mk79 wrote:
XorA wrote:My main aim is to rebuild the C68 libraries so I can add functions which are now common to make porting easier. I had noticed that qmac turns up in at least one library!
I did that once and wanted to release the result as a complete C68 distribution, but never quite got around to it. Was a bit of work, especially as the official sources are missing a few files IIRC (but got them from Dave). Can revisit it if it helps you.
Do you want to collaborate on a single source of truth then?

I am going to start with libcurse as I already have an essential patch for that, that I used the library tool to replace function in library, but really could do with incorporating into sources properly.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Gents,

Would the C68 sources at some point, be put on GitHub under the SinclairQL account? Or does Dave have objections to this?

Asking for a friend. (Ok, asking for me!) :D

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

NormanDunbar wrote:Gents,

Would the C68 sources at some point, be put on GitHub under the SinclairQL account? Or does Dave have objections to this?

Asking for a friend. (Ok, asking for me!) :D

Cheers,
Norm.
Arent they already there under xtc68?

Or did you mean the C Library Sources?

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

I meant everything "source filey" for the C68 system, sorry.

I had the sources on floppy, but lost all my floppies to "old age" problems. I know, from further back up this thread, that some files are missing but Marcel now has them, but I was just wondering if we could/should/would stick everything C68 Compiler System related onto the SinclairQL GitHub, for safe keeping.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.