Q-Liberator v3.45

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Q-Liberator v3.45

Post by dilwyn »

Version 3.45 of the Q-Liberator BASIC compiler has been launched.

This version was submitted to me by Per Witte, who has done a fair bit of work on rationalising the distribution, by splitting the compiler into a runtime disk (what you need to compile programs) and a sources disc, for those who like to study the sources of the compiler to see how it works and who may like to co-operate on future development and bug fixes.

In this new version 3.45 (or v3.45a as it appears on-screen), there is a bug fix relating to Externals (compiled external procedures), where the HISTORY_TXT file says that “A fixed location in Qlib_run was sought but not found due to change in length of introduction string.”

There is no significant change to the functionality of the compiler since the previous version.

The compiler is available to download as either floppy disc images or as regular QL format zipped files for those whose systems don’t support floppy disc images.

On the runtimes disc, the package is now split into a set of directories with the documents in one directory, for example, and the demo files in another directory. While fairly obvious, it does mean it needs to be used on a system which support level 2 filing system – a system supporting QL directories.

The runtime compiler disc is a single 720K disc image, while the sources come on a larger 1.4MB disc image.

Q-Liberator v3.45 may be downloaded free of charge from my website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlib/index.html . In case of difficulty, it may also be downloaded from the mirror site at http://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/qlib/index.html . In both cases, scroll down to the “QLiberator v3.45” section about halfway down the page.

Previous recent versions of the compiler will remain available for posterity, or in case issues with the current version force you to revert to using an earlier version. The last full commercial version of the compiler from publisher Liberation Software was v3.36.
qlib345.jpg
Last edited by dilwyn on Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected a typo.

Cristian
Aurora

Re: Q-Liberator v3.45

Post by Cristian »

dilwyn wrote: it needs to be used on a system which support level 2 filing system
Therefore it cannot be used with Trumpcard, am I right?
In any case, great job Per!

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Cristian wrote:
dilwyn wrote: it needs to be used on a system which support level 2 filing system
Sure it can be used with TxxxxCard. You just need to copy it to another disk without "hard" directories. I cant see any advantage to using V3.45 over V3.36 for people using QL hardware, which is why I allowed myself to use DDL2 directories. Qlib versions > 3.36 are an attempt at moving on.. Amazingly, as far as I can tell, everything else works on a plain QL, although since V3.4x you do need TK2 to run the compiler itself.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

OK, I understand. Thank you again for your great job Per!

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

dilwyn wrote:Version 3.45 of the Q-Liberator BASIC compiler has been launched.<>
Yes, the "a" in V3.45a is a mistake. It was because this was originally intended as a tentative release. I sent out copies to various interested parties for their comments, feedback and to see whether there might be any problems. But after waiting for more than a month without even an acknowledgement of receipt, I though "fuck it!" and passed it on to Dilwyn for release. Youre all beta testers now..

That being said, Ive used it extensively for the past month, Ive even tested it in various QL configurations and ROMs (in Q-emulator), including compiling itself on those systems (at full speed! Im not a masochist!) - all without a hitch. So Im pretty hopeful that it works as it should. (That is to say, there were some bugs in V3.36, the last commercial version, and some of those still remain. But I leave those to some other enterprising individuals to sort out. Im done for now.)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Cristian wrote:
You could update the Trump Card rom, there is a rom on Dilwyn's web site.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Great work, Per.

Qliberator is really excellent now, after all the work done, well done.

Regards,

Derek
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Great work, Per.

Qliberator is really excellent now, after all the work done, well done.
Youre welcome for my part, but most of the work was done by others. All those I know about are mentioned in flp1_readme_txt

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Derek_Stewart wrote:You could update the Trump Card rom, there is a rom on Dilwyn's web site.
Great! Thank you Derek