SuperCharge source code

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: SuperCharge source code

Post by pjw »

bwinkel67 wrote:<>So for me, an unexpanded BBQL is about nostalgia of how I personally used it<>
By all means, enjoy your nostalgia ;) but originally you were arguing from generalities, and that is what I responded to.

Regarding SuperCharge source code, to get back on topic, I posted what I thought was an apposite piece of information above, but that apparently evoked zero interest, so I have nothing further I wish to add.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

pjw wrote:Regarding SuperCharge source code, to get back on topic, I posted what I thought was an apposite piece of information above, but that apparently evoked zero interest, so I have nothing further I wish to add.
I thought it was interesting, but I've also nothing to add. As far as I know Turbo is in every aspect better than SuperCharge, so developing the latter further is probably not time well spent. I'm connected with Simon on Facebook, so it's not exactly impossible to reach him if one wants to ask for something like the source code ;) If he still has it in any accessible format, that is.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

mk79 wrote:
pjw wrote:Regarding SuperCharge source code, to get back on topic, I posted what I thought was an apposite piece of information above, but that apparently evoked zero interest, so I have nothing further I wish to add.
I thought it was interesting, but I've also nothing to add. As far as I know Turbo is in every aspect better than SuperCharge, so developing the latter further is probably not time well spent.
Agreed.
mk79 wrote:I'm connected with Simon on Facebook, so it's not exactly impossible to reach him if one wants to ask for something like the source code ;) If he still has it in any accessible format, that is.
I would find it interesting, especially since there also is the theoretical paper to help to get a better overview of the workings of the code.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

bwinkel67 wrote:Also, where does it capture the object code (before the codgenerator is called? Is that what the weird screen display does (again, should read the manual as it may explain that)?
Yes I think it is. I think somewhere in the manual is says that if you are compiling a large program that won't fit on the screen, it will create an intermediate file instead.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Speaking as someone facinated by compilers (and emulators), I'd like to see the SuperCharge source code. Just for a bedtime read you understand! ;)

It would be interesting to see what changes were made to the inner working nd how different it is to Turbo.

Chers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.