Speedscreen

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Andrew
Aurora

Speedscreen

Post by Andrew »

Can anyone send me Speedscreen?
My master disk is not working anymore. Some years ago I have converted all disks to images, but Speedscreen image is not working in QPCII. Strangely, it works and boots in QEmulator, but the config program does not recognises it as an original disk. I need Speedscreen configured for variant F.
(and why is the image working in QEmulator, but not in QPCII??)

RalfR
Aurora

Re: Speedscreen

Post by RalfR »

Hmm, makes me wonder, why you want to use it on QPC2 with its very much faster screen handling. It does not seem to be compatible.

What is Variant F?

4E75 7000
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

RalfR wrote:Hmm, makes me wonder, why you want to use it on QPC2 with its very much faster screen handling. It does not seem to be compatible.

What is Variant F?
I don't want to use it on QPC. I tried to load the disk image on QPC to configure Speedscreen.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Is the configuration program compiled SuperBASIC? if so you could try to decompile it and work out why it does not think it is the master disk.

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Martin_Head wrote:Is the configuration program compiled SuperBASIC? if so you could try to decompile it and work out why it does not think it is the master disk.
I decompiled it - but it throws a lot of errors in the process. I have a pretty good idea what it does, but the errors affect a lot of data statements with data used for peek and pokes ...
I had no time to dig deeper :(

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I don't think I have Speedscreen, Only Lighting. I've just downloaded the Speedscreen demo form Dilwyn's site, but it doe's not look like there is a config file there. If you want me to try to find what the decompiler is having problems with, I would need a copy of the config program.

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Martin_Head wrote: If you want me to try to find what the decompiler is having problems with, I would need a copy of the config program.
Thank you! I can send you the onfig program. Please PM me your email

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I had a look at the config program yesterday afternoon, I've updated some of the decompiler library files, but not yet got an error free decompile out of it. But I noticed the bit about placing the original in flp1_. It's followed by a couple of Procedure calls, I think the first one is just waiting for a key press, and the second one does a machine code CALL.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I have now got the config program to run through the decompiler without errors. It needs some tidying up, but I have had a look at the checking for the master bit.

It looks for MDV1_CONFIG_TASK, even if it says otherwise on the screen. I think It tries to do an OPEN_NEW

In Qemulator flp1_ and mdv1_ are the same, so that's probably why it works in Qemulator.

You could try a FLP_USE MDV in QPC2, or do a search and replace for MDV1 in the executable. The MDV1 is at the start of a bunch of file names. But I think it's the only MDV1 there.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Grest! Thanks for looking at it.

4E75 7000