QLiberator v3.42

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Re: QLiberator v3.42

Post by RalfR »

BSJR wrote:But when making changes or adding a new tools I need to merge the whole block again.
Which should be quite easy, if you use a control file, like RPM or Jochen Merz' EPROM Manager.

4E75 7000
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

BSJR wrote:<>
MAKE_BOOT works nice for LRESPR, not for Qlib which needs all name defines in one place.
Same as RPM, although it has other functions too.
BSJR wrote:My SQRview program uses now 15 toolkits from various sources
!!!
BSJR wrote:so I wrote a little program that merges several tools together and makes a new combined define header, skipping the original defines.
But when making changes or adding a new tools I need to merge the whole block again. Some toolkits have their defines at the end which need negative jumps, which my tool cannot handle yet. So more $$asmb's would have been more convenient.
I had the same idea after this discussion. Just to try it out, though. But it seems it works, so I wont now.

A better idea may be to dissemble the toolkits where possible and remove as much as possible of the stuff you dont need, then link them all together. With tools like Disa most toolkits are relatively easy to unravel. Those that dont lend themselves can still be merged with your tool. With that combination you may easily find yourself under Qlib's $$asmb limit.

At present there are so many unknowns with Qlib - how the BASIC code fits with the toolkit code, all without a map - it may be a while before anyone is up to the task of making those kinds of changes. Of course one might get lucky, but at the moment I guess nobody knows.
<>

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

RalfR wrote:
BSJR wrote:But when making changes or adding a new tools I need to merge the whole block again.
Which should be quite easy, if you use a control file, like RPM or Jochen Merz' EPROM Manager.
Exactly right!

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

pjw wrote:
RalfR wrote:
BSJR wrote:But when making changes or adding new tools I need to merge the whole block again.
Exactly right!
That was the main problem with TT's BOOT_MAKE from the QRam suite. You can put it all together but you have to know, what came first and you have to put all the toolkits in the command line.

I found RPM and Jochen's tool more complicated in these days because of the control file, but you can save the control file, so it is much easier (to save for later porposes). I even do not know the difference between RPM and EPROM_Manager. Maybe the same, maybe not. Maybe, they generate the same, just to LRESPR.

4E75 7000
EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

BSJR wrote:I have not yet used any of the Qlib 3.37+ versions but reading the Readme file up to 3.42 no mention is made of the $$asmb= limits and I cannot remember if it has been addressed before.
Only 8 code files can be added this way at compile time. Is it possible to extend this limit in 3.43?

BSJR
I've taken a look at the source code, and it appears that theoretically there is no limit, except for Qlib needing to DIM 3 arrays.
So, yes, certainly we can have a new v3.43 with a new limit. I suggest we double the 8 to 16 assembler files. Would this be enough? We can have more if you want.

EmmBee

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

EmmBee wrote:I've taken a look at the source code, and it appears that theoretically there is no limit, except for Qlib needing to DIM 3 arrays.
So, yes, certainly we can have a new v3.43 with a new limit. I suggest we double the 8 to 16 assembler files. Would this be enough? We can have more if you want.
Quite enough, I think. Makes me wonder, why Liberation has used this limit.

Hopefully there is no clash with the Runtimes.

4E75 7000
BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

EmmBee wrote:
BSJR wrote:I have not yet used any of the Qlib 3.37+ versions but reading the Readme file up to 3.42 no mention is made of the $$asmb= limits and I cannot remember if it has been addressed before.
Only 8 code files can be added this way at compile time. Is it possible to extend this limit in 3.43?

BSJR
I've taken a look at the source code, and it appears that theoretically there is no limit, except for Qlib needing to DIM 3 arrays.

EmmBee
Thanks EmmBee for looking into this. It would certainly be helpful.

BSJR

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

EmmBee wrote:

BSJR

EmmBee
Thank you EmmBee, this change would be most welcome.