EasyPTR question

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

EasyPTR question

Post by JonS »

Hi,
Is it possible to change an information object at runtime? The fact that there is MIWDRAW would seem to imply so, but I can figure out what you would use to change it?

I want to change the text of an information object depending on how my code is being used.

I can set a window over it and PRINT to it, but that doesn't actually change the item value.

I'm sure someone knows how to do it and it's probably VERY obvious, but I can't see it. I put it down to age!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: EasyPTR question

Post by dilwyn »

JonS wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to change an information object at runtime? The fact that there is MIWDRAW would seem to imply so, but I can figure out what you would use to change it?
I want to change the text of an information object depending on how my code is being used.
I can set a window over it and PRINT to it, but that doesn't actually change the item value.
I'm sure someone knows how to do it and it's probably VERY obvious, but I can't see it. I put it down to age!
Try the MINOB (Menu INfo OBject) command - on page 121 of my Easyptr manual (rather old-might have changed since then).

It has a lot of options meaning you might take a while to get used to it.

Dilwyn

JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

Dilwyn

Thanks. I noticed a reference to that command in the manual (e.g. in the MITEM description) but there are no details of the command in the manual or index. I've checked to see if it exists using EXTRAS, and it is there. I wonder how many others there are like that....

Any chance you could provide a copy of the syntax description for the command?

Jon

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

JonS wrote:Dilwyn
Thanks. I noticed a reference to that command in the manual (e.g. in the MITEM description) but there are no details of the command in the manual or index. I've checked to see if it exists using EXTRAS, and it is there. I wonder how many others there are like that....
Any chance you could provide a copy of the syntax description for the command?
Jon
MINOB might only be in the full part 2 of Easyptr, so this might not work on yours if you have part 1. It should be in the files called easymen_cde, easymenr_cde, ptrmen_cde, ptrmenr_cde. It won't be in easybmen_cde or easybmenr_cde. Here's the syntax copied from the manual. Dilwyn

MINOB [#ch%[{,}{\}]]{info%,inob%}{num!under%},{text$}{name}{adr}

ch% is channel number, default is primary channel of job

separators:
, means redraw window
\ means don't redraw window (see MLIDRAW)

alternatives:
either
info% (info window number)
inob% (info object number)
or
num = inob%*65536+info% (followed by "!" separator)
under% = object type as follows
=0 means text, no underline
>0 means text with underline at character 'under%'
=-2 means a sprite
=-4 means a blob
=-6 means a pattern
(default is text no underline_

The alternatives for the last parameter:
text$ means a standard character string (e.g. "hello")
name means name of an appended definition - an object added to the end of a easymen_cde or easyptr_cde or ptrmen_cde file
adr means address of an object loaded somewhere in memory.

A new object is set for an info sub-window object.

Blob and pattern objects require a combine partner to be set. This is donein the ATTRIBUTES menu in EASYMENU. If there is no combine partner, then a 'bad parameter' error will be reported.

Speciality: If text objects are set with the address once with MINOB, they can be edited with MINPUT directly at the address. Then they need not be set again with MINOB, but only redrawn with MIWDRAW

JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

Thanks for that.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the manual (only 86 pages), but I've certainly got the version with MINOB command.....just not the manual to match!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

JonS wrote:Thanks for that.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the manual (only 86 pages), but I've certainly got the version with MINOB command.....just not the manual to match!
I asked Jochen and Marcel if an Easyptr manual could be made available for use as an eBook (for my own use) and good old Marcel announced on the ql-users mailing list earlier today that it's now available as a PDF at http://www.kilgus.net/smsqe/development.html

The page says it has documentation for both Part 1 and Part 2, which might help you Jon.

Dilwyn

JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

Thanks.

I've downloaded that.