Software development on BBQL

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Software development on BBQL

Post by bwinkel67 »

I've been doing work on my ZXSimulator and have been using my unexpanded QL with vDrive and it actually works reasonably well. The compiles aren't bad (I have it split into 4 C modules so I only need to recompile 1 or 2) and the linking takes a bit of time (vDrive slows things down). But editing with QED is nice and I can live with the compile times. Kind of neat to see the work one could do (and I actually did) in the 80's and early 90's with the QL (esp if you had a floppy instead of micrrodives).

When I first developed the ZXSimulator I used an emulator to modify my original prototype source but I decided I'd finish it (add floating point and fix DIM for arrays -- working on the latter now) on my BBQL. Why am I a glutton for punishment? It's a hobby and kind of cool to see how seamless Digital C SE lets you do it. It's not a bad environment to work in. I sometimes use ICE and on many occasion I just revert to the command line. There's also an excitement when your code has fully linked and you run it...I guess because it took a few minutes to complete :)