QED version 2.03 released!

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Re: QED version 2.03 released!

Post by janbredenbeek »

afx wrote:
janbredenbeek wrote:The patched version is now available here.
Great! Thanks Jan for the QED support.

(Another little comment. When auto word wrapping is enabled in QED, if you type text and you reach the right margin of the text, QED will perform an automatic newline and place the partially complete word on a new line (this is ok), but it appears to insert an LF before that word. Wouldn't it be possible to avoid that LF char? )
Yes that needs to be fixed too but probably in the next release. I needed to squeeze out the bugs first before implementing major changes (the reformat function was a quick hack and there still needs more to be done before QED will be fully paragraph-aware). But I'll see what I can do.

Jan

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Thanks for the update...I love that editor. I'm using version 1.0 and it's perfect for what I need it for (editing C source code on an unexpdanded QL). Is version 2 much bigger in footprint to version 1?. It seems similar to the ED editor on the Amiga I'm discovering (though the other way around since I've been using QED longer than ED).

I do want to look at Github to see if its easy to modify to work with the JSU character set...due to NTSC, in TV mode (needed for composite), the character heights are 8 not 10 and QED (v1) assumes 10 so the screen screws up when it scrolls up as the cursor moves beyond the bottom of the screen (i.e. it spaces itself for 10 characters). Hitting F5 fixes the screen at refresh and everything works as it should.

Also, is there a way to set default data directory? When I chose the drive for the help file, it seems that for the input text file I need to always specify a drive as it won't find it in the same directory as the help file.

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

bwinkel67 wrote:Thanks for the update...I love that editor. I'm using version 1.0 and it's perfect for what I need it for (editing C source code on an unexpdanded QL). Is version 2 much bigger in footprint to version 1?. It seems similar to the ED editor on the Amiga I'm discovering (though the other way around since I've been using QED longer than ED).
Well, the current release is a staggering 11KBytes compared to less than 8KB for v1... but you might like the extra features of v2 ;)
I do want to look at Github to see if its easy to modify to work with the JSU character set...due to NTSC, in TV mode (needed for composite), the character heights are 8 not 10 and QED (v1) assumes 10 so the screen screws up when it scrolls up as the cursor moves beyond the bottom of the screen (i.e. it spaces itself for 10 characters). Hitting F5 fixes the screen at refresh and everything works as it should.
Hmm, it looks that I have to find all the calls to SD.SCROL and modify them. Wondering if there is a way to find out what the vertical spacing is (maybe peeking into the channel data using SD.EXTOP).
Also, is there a way to set default data directory? When I chose the drive for the help file, it seems that for the input text file I need to always specify a drive as it won't find it in the same directory as the help file.
v1.02b and later use the data default directory set by DATA_USE. The location of the help file may be configured using qedconfig_bas.

Jan

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

bwinkel67 wrote: I do want to look at Github to see if its easy to modify to work with the JSU character set...due to NTSC, in TV mode (needed for composite), the character heights are 8 not 10 and QED (v1) assumes 10 so the screen screws up when it scrolls up as the cursor moves beyond the bottom of the screen (i.e. it spaces itself for 10 characters). Hitting F5 fixes the screen at refresh and everything works as it should.
I have updated the code to allow for the smaller vertical character spacing on JSU. The new v2.03b release is now on GitHub.
Now back to work for new features...

Jan

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

janbredenbeek wrote:
bwinkel67 wrote: I do want to look at Github to see if its easy to modify to work with the JSU character set...due to NTSC, in TV mode (needed for composite), the character heights are 8 not 10 and QED (v1) assumes 10 so the screen screws up when it scrolls up as the cursor moves beyond the bottom of the screen (i.e. it spaces itself for 10 characters). Hitting F5 fixes the screen at refresh and everything works as it should.
I have updated the code to allow for the smaller vertical character spacing on JSU. The new v2.03b release is now on GitHub.
Now back to work for new features...

Jan
Wow, that's great...thank you!