Joystick and keyboard input

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
M68008
Trump Card

Re: Joystick and keyboard input

Post by M68008 »

spkr wrote:execute code from rom again. Perhaps Im stepping on limbs here, but are there disassembled ROM listings floating around somewhere? A quick google brings me down to http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlrom/index.html but the first notated ROM dumps I downloaded didnt contain the actual asm listings :(. Alternatively I could step through the trap execution using the lovely QemuLator debugger; but having the disassembled roms in searchable text format always comes in handy.
Nothing bad with calling that particular ROM code unless you are using Minerva and corrupting the system variables area.
ROM disassembly is here: http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlrom/index.htm ... s__Sources

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

spkr wrote:Hmmm now I realize. Perhaps the disassembled listings are meant to be loaded in an actual native assembler which in turn shows it as text again, rather than saving it as ascii...
All disassemblies are ASCII, not sure what you're referring to here. Original Minerva and SMSQ/E source code exists, too. But what's wrong with calling the ROM?

spkr
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by spkr »

mk79 wrote:
spkr wrote:Hmmm now I realize. Perhaps the disassembled listings are meant to be loaded in an actual native assembler which in turn shows it as text again, rather than saving it as ascii...
All disassemblies are ASCII, not sure what you're referring to here. Original Minerva and SMSQ/E source code exists, too. But what's wrong with calling the ROM?
Hmmm, I may not have looked through it thoroughly enough yet, but I just encountered a bunch of dc.l statements in jsromdis/keyboard.s; but you are right, I found the stuff that looks applicable in jsromdis/new.part9 which contains the IPC routines; awesome!

Getting closer to the actual metal is something I generally prefer when writing code. This allows me to learn the hardware, rather than to learn the prescribed interface thats provided to me. Sometimes this provides additional perks, like being able to lose dependencies and thus allowing some additional flexibility for your program.

I don't think there's anything wrong with anything. I just like to explore options and increase my understanding.