How to load QCon_Rext driver

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
mancity1961
ROM Dongle

How to load QCon_Rext driver

Post by mancity1961 »

I wish to use the serial port on my QConnect modem but to do so I believe I have to load the QCon_Rext device driver into my boot file,
the problem is I am unsure how to do this. According to the txt file supplied with the driver you should put the following command into your
boot file: "LRESPR <device>QCON_REXT" but I'm not sure if I include the quotes and do I put SER2 into the brackets and do I include the brackets?

Artificer
Over Heated PSU

Re: How to load QCon_Rext driver

Post by Artificer »

Hi,

The syntax that could work eg

100 location$="flp1_" : REMark or other directory device that contains the Qcon_rext file
110 LRESPR location$&"Qcon_rext"

The instructions for using Qcon_rext aught to let you know how to configure Qcon_rext to use SER2. If you do not have an instruction manual have a look at Dilwyn Jones site as it has a lot of documentation.

Cheers

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

First things first - do you have a standard boot file and where do you store it?

If so, look for a space in teh line numbers with the command

Code: Select all

LIST
You should see something like:

100 TK2_EXT
110 LRESPR flp1_test_ext
or similar.

Assuming your boot file is loaded from flp1_ you need to add for the above very basic sample boot file:

105 LRESPR flp1_QCON_REXT
If you do not have Toolkit II, then you will not have the command TK2_EXT or LRESPR and will have to use another command instead of LRESPR (but we need to know how big the QCON_REXT file is to advise on that).

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

mancity1961 wrote:I wish to use the serial port on my QConnect modem but to do so I believe I have to load the QCon_Rext device driver into my boot file,
the problem is I am unsure how to do this. According to the txt file supplied with the driver you should put the following command into your
boot file: "LRESPR <device>QCON_REXT" but I'm not sure if I include the quotes and do I put SER2 into the brackets and do I include the brackets?
Do not include the quotes. SER2 does not go into the brackets, and the brackets are also not included.
Instead, <device> represents the drive where QCON_REXT was unzipped to. So, if this was unzipped to, say, Ram1_ we would do ...

LRESPR Ram1_QCON_REXT
This will load and initialise the QCON driver and set it to use the SER2 port.

mancity1961
ROM Dongle

Post by mancity1961 »

Hey thanks guys, all sorted now, the last solution from EmmBee did the trick but many thanks to everyone who took the time to help.
Having a great time getting reacquainted with my QL :D